What did you do to your TJ today?

Roof racks on maxtrax on side awning on PBR to christen it!
Ready to out camp Covid this summer, overseas travel is a no go! :( I really fancy another Cambodia or Vietnam trip but camping it has to be!

rrol.jpg

Last edited:
I installed a PA amp on my CB radio setup several weeks ago. It worked great, then it didn't work at all. I was busy working on other things, so didn't take a look at it until yesterday. Long story short - a 3.5 mm phone plug failed. I've had them do this before - the connection between the solder lug and the tip part of the barrel develops a high resistance. Fucking Chinese junk...

I ordered two new ones from DigiKey - hopefully they'll be better quality...

I didn't do anything "to" my TJ today, but I spent over an hour on hold with 4WP checking where the other 2 boxes of my rockjock lift are. They didn't know, claimed it all shipped together. But via 1 tracking number? Nah, UPS don't do that mess. Sent photos of what I *do* have, the box showing "one of 3" written on it, and tracking sticker, and let them know I'm missing the springs and all 8 control arms. That was almost 5hrs ago and no response from them yet.

Woo.
I’m currently going through the same issue with 4WheelDrive. Ordered the RockJock rear trac bar and mounting bracket in late September. They shipped me the bracket, but not the trac bar 😡 I called their customer service, and was told that they had to verify it hadn’t been shipped, but that one would be shipped to me by 9/30. I have yet even received a notification that it has shipped. Guess I’d better call them again today 😡

On a positive note, my Savvy CAs are being delivered today! Woohoo!

View attachment 281627Haven’t been posting much about what I’ve been doing lately, but I’m the last week or so I’ve installed a 1” brown dog MML along with a 1.25” Savvy BL. Installation went well and 4wd linkage still works as well.

View attachment 281595
You working on a t/t?I just did a full UCF,you will find you have a few vibes at idle now

Thinking of going with 33"'s as well. What kind of suspension/lift are you running?
I’m currently on a 3” lift that was already on the jeep at time of purchase. I think it’s a skyjacker lift. I’ve only added new Rancho 5000x shocks so far but I’m saving up to purchase the RockJock 4”.
I’ve been wheeling a few times with the new 33s and I do get some rub at full flex so I’ve not been disconnecting my front sway so I don’t rip off a fender. The rear just barely rubs but nothing too bad that worries me.
I was on 32” Coopers and the 3” lift worked great but it’s showing it’s age and will soon be replaced. I hope $$$