What do I need for my 2” lift?

SaharaNewbie

Working on my first car project and installing a 2” lift since the original shocks and springs were shot. I so far have new shocks and springs ready to go but is there anything else I need? Bump stop extensions? Replacing broken coil insulators? Could use all the help as im new to working on cars. Much appreciated!

Reactions: JMT
Check the condition of the all bumps stops (probably need replacing), replace the front upper rubber isolators, check the condition of the rear plastic anti squeak isolators and generously spray penetrant on the trac bar bolts, shock absorber bolts.

Working on my first car project and installing a 2” lift since the original shocks and springs were shot. I so far have new shocks and springs ready to go but is there anything else I need? Bump stop extensions? Replacing broken coil insulators? Could use all the help as im new to working on cars. Much appreciated!
What lift?
I'd highly advise going to a 2.5"

Change the springs with whomever brand...
Rough country springs are fine if you want them....
Shocks...do NOT use rough country shocks however...they suck

Do NOT forget sway bar links for new lift height...get ones that detach...

Done.

P.s.

Make sure your driveshaft u-joints are in good condition and you won't have any issues

Good luck.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CharlesHS
Welcome to the forum,

You’ll likely need bump stops. It’s best to tap the lower perch on the fronts and install them there. The rear can be installed above the cup with a longer bolt.

2” is fine, and will avoid driveline vibrations that can become an issue around 2.5”.

You can check the condition of the jounces, coil spring isolators, brakes, et al while there.

You should be G2G.

You might consider reading up on how to cycle your suspension and check things out for yourself. Every Jeep is a bit different and when you replace the shocks it is a perfect time to learn how everything works. Cycling your suspension will tell you if you need bump stop extensions, it really is the only way to determine if they are needed.

Reactions: JMT