What do I need to put coilovers on my TJ?

Getting ready to coilover the TJ in the next couple of weeks. Anyone have pics of TJ's on 12" coilovers with unmolested front inner fender wells? I would prefer to not have to cut through and relocate everything mounted on them if possible.

where's the low end planned for mounting? on the tube?
TJ width axles?
towers or hoops?
OE fenders and inners?

where's the low end planned for mounting? on the tube?
TJ width axles?
towers or hoops?
OE fenders and inners?
Front axle is stock width with 1.5" wheel spacers. OE Inners with Genright tube fenders.

As for towers/hoops and low end mounting position, that's what I am looking for. TNT appears to make a set of brackets that appear to tuck into the OE inner fenders and I'm assuming that I'll be mounting the bottom of the shock on the tube at the base of the C. A 12" Fox is 19" fully compressed so its pretty tight. I'm guessing that I'll most likely have to increase the ride height of the TJ by an inch or 2 to make it work right. Currently, I'm sitting on 3" Metalcloak Coils with 37's so an inch or two isn't out of the question.

Keep going on this thread...Great debates!!

Actually an LJ owner but always learning. Having the same internal debate on upgrading what I have. Stick to coils or go big $$

Last edited:
If I won the Lottery, I think I'd spend all that money on a REALLY nice 2 dr JL Rubicon. Then maybe a 67 Bronco from Icon, Then I'd build a mimic to CJ-Sixtysix...Then maybe I'd start on cars...72 Vette convertible, Maybe a Ferrari 246 Dino, An Eleanor Clone (Mustang GT500), etc. Don't know that a TJ would fit into my plans...

Um I'm spending that money on a super nice Lambo that I can drive into a tree/lake after many long nights of Hookers and Cocaine. Then maybe a foundation or charity that spreads the awareness of drugs. Get paid to tell my story in schools and TV. Write some books. And then die in my TJ with a belly full of wine, nose full of that Columbian booger sugar ❄️❄️❄️ and a woman's mouth on my 🍆...... But that's me

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
Wider axles aren't required if you don't mind cutting the frame in the back and run the Fox 2.0 at around 12" of travel. We just finished this one up, doing some fine tuning and hopefully you can tell that the 35's are tucked in pretty well with 3.75" of backspacing and no wheel spacers. Stock TJ Dana 44's front and rear with a rear AntiRock, Savvy Mid Arm, Savvy Under Armor, or the basics.

View attachment 89032

That's a good looking rig. Nice lines.

Reactions: mrblaine and L J