What do you consider high mileage?

I did 25k per year, or did before covid. I purposely would buy a used one around 100k, cheap and run to 250-300k easy. Not hard when mostly highway miles.

My commute was 25k a year minimum, not counting weekend shifts or pleasure miles so I always had what many would consider high mileage vehicles.

My ‘06 Dodge Cummins had 100K on the clock when I bought it, and that’s just getting broken in! And that engine will out live the rest of the truck.

I was happy to get my TJ with 88K on the clock, which I thought was low miles. And with regular maintenance, I hope to take it to high mileage. At least 200K!

To me, there’s a big difference between getting beat for a lot of miles and well maintained mileage.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
My thoughts is what brand and how was it kept.

We currently have three vehicles.

2016 4Runner. Bought new. 45k and not getting rid of it. Wife’s dream vehicle, so when it hits 400k or so, it will be retired to toy.

2004 TJ Rubicon. Second owner, 64k. No worries there, expect 250k out of it without much issue.

2015 F150. 83k miles. Selling it but not for any reason other than don’t need it. No issues. I’d be happy to keep it till 250k without much worry.

Basically, if I can’t get 250k easy miles out of a vehicle I’d be pretty upset. They can go more but then it gets into more major repairs.

I've owned 3 Jeeps and loved the legendary straight six but I don't think many ever made it to 626,000 miles like the 3.6L pentastar shown in the attached video.

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch
2000 Tj automatic with 221000 miles. Still drivable. Transmission shifts well but did make a pinball machine sound last year sitting in long traffic. Then the noise went away. Fluid fine. I’ll keep going till she quits. Then replace parts. Love our banana mobile!!