What do you drive besides your Jeep?

2004 GMC
2013 Z71.JPG

Nice KLR..... kind of the Jeep of bikes.

Got rid of mine a couple years ago. Went lots of places on it.

20130310_110000.jpg

Here is my ikea sheep skin seat cover mod. I notice you have the front fork brace too that make a huge difference. Did you do the doo?

This picture of my month long 2500 miles adventures ride to Portland from LA. She burned a quart of oil and broke a clutch cable on the way back.

Miss that thumper pig.
Its totally jeep of bikes slow and steady.
20150817_185542.jpg

Last edited:
Jvm

Here is my ikea sheep skin seat cover mod. I notice you have the front fork brace too that make a huge difference. Did you do the doo?
This picture of my month long 2500 miles adventures ride to Portland from LA. She burned a quart of oil and broke a clutch cable on the back.
Miss that thumper pig.

Jvm

This picture of my month long 2500 miles adventures ride to Portland from LA. She burned a quart of oil and broke a clutch cable on the back.

Miss that thumper pig.
View attachment 137079
Lol, yep, my butt definitely needed the sheepskin on a long ride! I did the Doo over the first winter I had it. Actually found it in a couple pieces. Lots of mods to do on those bikes. You had a lot of them too.

Reactions: Kaptainkid1
Been a while since I've driven anything other than the most pedestrian of vehicles (Lincoln Town Car, for example). Well, I picked up a low mileage Charger R/T a few weeks ago, and it's taking a little getting used to. Last night on the way home, a Mustang GT kept baiting me into a street race. It's been 35 years since the last time that's happened to me. Owning this thing sure is different...;)
1578787441540-png.png

Been a while since I've driven anything other than the most pedestrian of vehicles (Lincoln Town Car, for example). Well, I picked up a low mileage Charger R/T a few weeks ago, and it's taking a little getting used to. Last night on the way home, a Mustang GT kept baiting me into a street race. It's been 35 years since the last time that's happened to me. Owning this thing sure is different...;)
View attachment 139682
Everytime I take my 98 Corvette Pace car out people are trying to race me, some are pretty dam funny. I lost count of how many times a kid driving Mom's Mini-van has pulled up next to me at a light and revved the motor.

I recently picked up a 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD Double Cab.

These things are cheap enough that I could justify it, and I've long been telling my wife how owning a truck would be so convenient. Of course I'm not going to spend copious amounts of money on a new truck, and knowing how these things last forever, it was a win-win.

The other great thing is that the back seat is plenty big to fit all the kids (including their car seats in).

Sure, I can only tow 6,000 lbs. with it, but I don't foresee myself ever needing to tow more than that.

To me this was a practical purchase that will compliment my future TJ (waiting until we move to Arizona to buy one) very nicely.

70b45112da_800.jpg

These things are cheap enough that I could justify it, and I've long been telling my wife how owning a truck would be so convenient. Of course I'm not going to spend copious amounts of money on a new truck, and knowing how these things last forever, it was a win-win.

The other great thing is that the back seat is plenty big to fit all the kids (including their car seats in).

Sure, I can only tow 6,000 lbs. with it, but I don't foresee myself ever needing to tow more than that.

To me this was a practical purchase that will compliment my future TJ (waiting until we move to Arizona to buy one) very nicely.

View attachment 142909

Now theres a good lookin' taco!

Reactions: Chris

View attachment 142909
I had one same year for 14 yrs and sold it 3 years cause I’m an idiot🤦🏻‍♂️.. it had 283k miles and I was driving a lot.. but I miss it!

Reactions: Chris
I had one same year for 14 yrs and sold it 3 years cause I’m an idiot🤦🏻‍♂️.. it had 283k miles and I was driving a lot.. but I miss it!

This one has 190k, but just had the timing belt, water pump, cooling system, spark plugs, ball joints, and a bunch of other parts replaced. It also came with an Icon 3" lift, including Icon coilovers, aftermarket control arms, and a bunch of other stuff. I mainly wanted one of these because I know they have a good reputation of lasting forever.

My thought is that if it's good enough for ISIS, it's good enough for me!

My youngest brother bought this 2000 SLT Off Road edition new, he never keeps anything long and sold it to our Pop. When he got to where he couldn't drive anymore he ask me to sell it for him, I thought it's been in the family this long I'll just buy it. I drive it 50 miles a day four days a week to work and back. I may just give it to my nephew whos Dad bought it new when he's old enough to drive.
IMG_1923[1].JPG

I also have these to get around on.
IMG_1515[1].JPG

Last edited: