What do you think about driving topless

PA is really strict with a lot of things. Yet motorcyclists don't have to wear a helmut but they are concerned about my safety with the doors off, go figure. Bastards

This is nuts! I thought Cali was bad, but at least we can go doorless. Frickin politicians!

Reactions: JMT
PA is really strict with a lot of things. Yet motorcyclists don't have to wear a helmut but they are concerned about my safety with the doors off, go figure. Bastards
So can you ride in the back of a pickup in PA?

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

No doors is OK in Ontario but you can't ride in the back of a pickup. You also can't hang onto a bumper and road surf with your boots in the winter. I'm a little too old for that any way.

Reactions: waretrop
PA Vehicle Code
§ 3719. Passengers in open trucks.
(a) General rule.--An open-bed pickup truck or open flatbed truck may not be driven at a speed
of more than 35 miles per hour if any person is occupying the bed of the truck.
(b) Children.—
(1) Such a truck may not be driven at any speed if a child less than 18 years of age
is occupying the bed of the truck or trailer.
(2) This subsection shall not apply to:
(i) a child of a farmer who is being transported between parts of a
farm or farms owned or operated by the farmer in order to perform work on the farm or
farms;
(ii) a child possessing a valid hunting license who is being
transported between a hunting camp and a hunting site or between hunting sites during
hunting season;
(iii) a child who is a participant in an officially sanctioned parade,
only during the course of the parade; or
(iv) a child employed to perform farm labor who is being transported
between parts of a farm or farms owned or operated by the child's employer or employers.
@LeePTI You can ride in the back of a pickup in Pa. It is not illegal here...

I love having my mesh top on not completely topless way to hot. But no doors and the spider shade it he best I haven't had my top on since feb and plan to keep it that as long as possible probably oct or nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Upstater and LeePTI
I love it. I've only gotten to do it straight up topless once so far this year...the spring weather in NJ has been unusually rainy. Figures, as soon as I get a Jeep New Jersey turns into Seattle weatherwise. As a result I've had the bikini top on for the past month, hopefully gonna pull it off this weekend.

There's also a "half topless" option. I have the factory sunrider on my LJ and love it.
17-06-09 1.JPG
17-06-09 2.JPG

Reactions: VirtualRussel
Drove with no top or doors for the first time a couple of weeks back. That day still puts a smile on my face. I drive with the doors off whenever I can now but getting the top off is not ideal as I have nowhere to store it. I'm looking to rent a 24 hour access lockup for a few of the summer months to solve this issue though.

Drove with no top or doors for the first time a couple of weeks back. That day still puts a smile on my face. I drive with the doors off whenever I can now but getting the top off is not ideal as I have nowhere to store it. I'm looking to rent a 24 hour access lockup for a few of the summer months to solve this issue though.
Soft top is the answer

Reactions: LeePTI and StG58