What do you think about this lift setup?

Chris Wright

Supporting Member
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum so if there is a related thread or this has been discussed thousands of times I apologize.

I have an 01 Sahara and I'm looking to put together a small lift that I can throw some bigger tires on (maybe 33s). I'm currently stock height per the PO on 31x10.50s with no rubbing or any known clearance issues. This jeep is driven on road 90% of the time and "off road" 10% of the time. Here is the list of parts I'm looking at

-OME Front and Rear 2.5 inch springs
-Rancho RS5000X Shocks
-Metalcloak Front and Rear Track Bars
-Metalcloak Rocksport Stabilizer

What do y'all think about this setup?

Thank you in advance!

You need to first set in stone what size tire you want to run.

If it's a 33" I would forego the Metalcloak stuff, especially the track bars (their track bars are known for issues).

If it's mainly driven on-road, go with a 1.25" Savvy body lift and then add 2" lift springs (OME, ProComp, or any others work), 1/2" coil spring spacers, some good shocks (the Rancho RS5000X shocks will work great for on-road), and call it a day.

You'll be at 3.75" of total lift and won't break the bank either.

As for track bars, go with JKS or Currie.

I'd suggest checking out this thread: A recipe for an affordable but quality 2.5" lift

While it mentions being a 2.5" lift, you'd use all the same parts in that thread but simply add the 1.25" Savvy body lift to the list to give you that 3.75" of total clearance.

Reactions: Chris Wright
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum so if there is a related thread or this has been discussed thousands of times I apologize.

I have an 01 Sahara and I'm looking to put together a small lift that I can throw some bigger tires on (maybe 33s). I'm currently stock height per the PO on 31x10.50s with no rubbing or any known clearance issues. This jeep is driven on road 90% of the time and "off road" 10% of the time. Here is the list of parts I'm looking at

-Rancho RS5000X Shocks

Thank you in advance!

That’ll work for 32’s. JKS Trackbars and Rubicon Express steering damper are better.

Add a BL to go to 33’s

Reactions: Chris Wright

-Rancho RS5000X Shocks

Thank you in advance!

If you do a body lift, replace the steering shaft bearing bracket with one to match the BL. I failed to do that, and the vibrations drove me nuts. Just recently discovered my mistake, replaced the bracket, and everything is super smooth now.
Ray

x3 on dont go Metalcloak track bars. I have "2.5" ome springs (HD) bilstein shocks currently, I went with metalcloak track bar, the Heim joint lasted approx 3 years. Now I am trying to figure out what JKS track bar to switch to, its a Pain because the metalcloak has you drill out both axle and frame bolts. I would go with the JKS one over metalcloak, it even feels beefier than the metalcloak one.