I think I lost my lift: Looking for suggestions

Ok, I weighed it today and without me in it or passengers 4320 lbs. I’m thinking savvy 3” but haven’t called either of them yet or Metalcloak 3.5”

Ok, I weighed it today and without me in it or passengers 4320 lbs. I’m thinking savvy 3” but haven’t called either of them yet or Metalcloak 3.5”
My Jeep is much heavier, my 19 yr old 4.5” Rubicon Express lift was still at a solid 4.5” when I swapped it for the 4.5” MetalCloak Springs and Control arms. Now I’m 5-1/8” of lift front and back.

Reactions: Jaime313
My Jeep is much heavier, my 19 yr old 4.5” Rubicon Express lift was still at a solid 4.5” when I swapped it for the 4.5” MetalCloak Springs and Control arms. Now I’m 5-1/8” of lift front and back.
Thanks for the input! So the Metalcloak 3.5" should give me at least 3.5"? I like the idea of the extra 1/2" over the Savvy springs and the extended length sounds like it would work for my set up. But then using 3" Savvy springs to match my savvy control arms could help them play better together? I called Savvy but they didn't answer the phone.

Thanks for the input! So the Metalcloak 3.5" should give me at least 3.5"? I like the idea of the extra 1/2" over the Savvy springs and the extended length sounds like it would work for my set up. But then using 3" Savvy springs to match my savvy control arms could help them play better together? I called Savvy but they didn't answer the phone.
Hmmmm try calling MC and see if they do the same.

Hmmmm try calling MC and see if they do the same.
I called MC but the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know too much or he was multitasking. Had a few moments of silence and I thought he was looking things up but he just didn't sound that sure. He said "should get about 3.5" Just wasn't a lot of confidence in what he was talking about so I figured I'd call again tomorrow. I have to find a receipt with a guys name that helped me before.

I called MC but the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know too much or he was multitasking. Had a few moments of silence and I thought he was looking things up but he just didn't sound that sure. He said "should get about 3.5" Just wasn't a lot of confidence in what he was talking about so I figured I'd call again tomorrow. I have to find a receipt with a guys name that helped me before.
Ask for Eric Ennis

As with any suspension that you are piecing together

Any suspension on stock width axles that makes real use of Metalcloak's free lengths is going to be out of balance on it's travel biases and open the door to needless interferences. Things get even more absurd when you look closely at their 4.5" springs.

Shocks are 1 month old Rancho 5000 for 2"-3" lifts

Those shocks can't make use of MC's excessive spring travel. And chances are good that MC 3.5" springs will provide too much ride height for those shocks.

Those shocks can't make use of MC's excessive spring travel. And chances are good that MC 3.5" springs will provide too much ride height for those shocks.
I know, I will put my Ranchos on CL and probably buy another set if I do MC but now the Savvy Coils are sounding good. I just emailed them so hopefully I hear from them tomorrow. By the way, I called JKS today and they said their coils are rated for unmodified Jeep weight. So with my armor, bumpers, etc i would not even get 3".

Reactions: jjvw
Any suspension on stock width axles that makes real use of Metalcloak's free lengths is going to be out of balance on it's travel biases and open the door to needless interferences. Things get even more absurd when you look closely at their 4.5" springs.
So are you saying I’m not benefiting from that down force if my shock length allows the extra droop?

So are you saying I’m not benefiting from that down force if my shock length allows the extra droop?

Is the question about down force or shocks that make use of the additional spring length?

You said, “Any suspension on stock width axles that makes real use of Metalcloak's free lengths is going to be out of balance on it's travel biases and open the door to needless interferences.” Free length comes into play when the coils unbind, as in droop are you saying there is no benefit to traction with this downforce that you didn’t have with a shorter free length coil?

The compressed length will likely be ideal but my guess is he will lose droop from lack of travel on the shocks.

You said, “Any suspension on stock width axles that makes real use of Metalcloak's free lengths is going to be out of balance on it's travel biases and open the door to needless interferences.” Free length comes into play when the coils unbind, as in droop are you saying there is no benefit to traction with this downforce that you didn’t have with a shorter free length coil?

My statements assume that a balanced shock travel is divided roughly 50/50.

Down force is not the issue if the shocks are sized appropriately because the springs won't unseat in the first place.