I think I lost my lift: Looking for suggestions

I would talk to their technical people and tell them what you're up against...you want to try to make it all work out and not pick up any vibrations or end up riding in the hard part of the spring or the lower part of the shock travel.
I spoke to someone from Savvy over the phone. It was a girl named Brandie I think. I told her my 4310 pound weight and she said, “the springs may give me 3” but there was no way to tell since all Jeeps are different and over time all progressive springs sag”.
I’m still a little torn between 3.5” MC and getting the extra .5” but can’t help but really think having ALL Savvy Curry components with all the springs and control arms being the same maker help the Suspension get a long better since they were made for each other?

I spoke to someone from Savvy over the phone. It was a girl named Brandie I think. I told her my 4310 pound weight and she said, “the springs may give me 3” but there was no way to tell since all Jeeps are different and over time all progressive springs sag”.
I’m still a little torn between 3.5” MC and getting the extra .5” but can’t help but really think having ALL Savvy Curry components with all the springs and control arms being the same maker help the Suspension get a long better since they were made for each other?
The suspension won't care if you run savvy 3 inch or MC 3.5

The suspension won't care if you run savvy 3 inch or MC 3.5
Agreed. And those measurements are only meaningful for comparison if Savvy and Metalcloak used the same Jeep to determine the advertised lift height of their springs.

I guess I thought if almost everything suspension wise was curry/savvy it might get along better as they were designed for each other. I am literally torn between MC and Savvy. I know Alex01 thinks 3” Savvy. Are you running Savvy? What about you jjvw? Savvy or MC?

I guess I thought if almost everything suspension wise was curry/savvy it might get along better as they were designed for each other. I am literally torn between MC and Savvy. I know Alex01 thinks 3” Savvy. Are you running Savvy? What about you jjvw? Savvy or MC?
I don't have a preference with either since I haven't ran them. I run 4 inch currie with all aluminum double adjustable MC arms. As long as they won't unseat under full droop I would run either one. All the parts I've seen from both savvy and MC have been very well built so I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Reactions: Jaime313
One very legitimate reason I don't care for Metalcloak coils is the solid height of their rear coils. They stack up taller than Savvy and Currie. If that stack height is the primary bump stop requirement, then you are compromising suspension performance for a dumb reason.

One very legitimate reason I don't care for Metalcloak coils is the solid height of their rear coils. They stack up taller than Savvy and Currie. If that stack height is the primary bump stop requirement, then you are compromising suspension performance for a dumb reason.
Do you happen to know the compressed measurements for both? (Genuinely curious)

Do you happen to know the compressed measurements for both? (Genuinely curious)

I don't know the current Savvy 3" measurements, but I do have the old Currie 3" from several years ago.

Currie 3"
Front
Free Length: 20.25
Travel: 13.25
Solid Height: 7"

Rear
Free Length: 15.75"
Travel: 12.25"
Solid Height: 3.5"

Metalcloak 3.5"
Front
Free Length: 22.5"
Travel: 16"
Solid Height: 6.5"

Rear
Free Length:: 19"
Travel: 12.5"

Metalcloak 4.5"
Front
Free Length: 24"
Travel: 14.75"
Solid Height: 9.25"

Rear
Free Length: 20.375"
Travel: 13.625"
Solid Height: 6.75"

Currie 4"
Front
Free Length: 22.6"
Travel: 14.1
Solid Height: 8.5"

Rear
Free Length: 17.75"
Travel: 13.25"
Solid Height: 4.5"

LJ Rear
Free Length: 18.25"
Travel: 13.75"

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaime313 and Alex01
I don't know the current Savvy 3" measurements, but I do have the old Currie 3" from several years ago.

Currie 3"
Front
Free Length: 20.25
Travel: 10.88"
Solid Height: 7"

Rear
Free Length: 15.75"
Travel: 8.63"
Solid Height: 3.5"

Metalcloak 3.5"
Front
Free Length: 22.5"
Travel: 16"

Rear
Free Length:: 19"
Travel: 12.5"

Metalcloak 4.5"
Front
Free Length: 24"
Travel: 14.75"
Solid Height: 9.25"

Rear
Free Length: 20.375"
Travel: 13.625"
Solid Height: 6.75"

Currie 4"
Front
Free Length: 22.6"
Travel: 14.1
Solid Height: 8.5"

Rear
Free Length: 17.75"
Travel: 13.25"

LJ Rear
Free Length: 18.25"
Travel: 13.75"
It's interesting the solid height of the front and rear MC's are identical even though the unsprung length is different. @Jaime313 I guess to find out if the MC springs would be a limiting factor you'd need to pull the current springs and measure the space inside the perch upon full bump.

It's interesting the solid height of the front and rear MC's are identical even though the unsprung length is different. @Jaime313 I guess to find out if the MC springs would be a limiting factor you'd need to pull the current springs and measure the space inside the perch upon full bump.

I gotta say your guys knowledge for springs and suspension is impressive and JJVW pulled the measurements out of a hat like magic lol. I am now leaning even more closer to Savvy 3". It's a little embarrassing but I wish I understood more about suspension but I don't. Guess it's back to more youtube tutorials. I basically want a nice lift to accommodate the 35's with my highline fenders and have a better ride to a trail which is about 90 minutes away. I was watching the MC youtube video on the 3.5" on an LJ and it looked like exactly what I wanted for a LCG and extra .5" of lift with the "long travel" kinda really got me. Then I go the forum and think the Savvy 3" is just as good. After I get the lift sorted out I'll be on here in the new year reading about quality tires for the highway that can crawl on the trail. At this point, I feel like you guys feel the Savvy would be the ticket but both company's are good.

Reactions: Alex01
I would argue that the Currie 4" is one of the best sets of coils to build around. They are sufficiently long and they don't get in the way of up travel. Basically, Currie designed those coils to fit within the upper and lower physical limits of the TJ's suspension travel. With some work, you can get lots of up and lots down.

I would argue that the Currie 4" is one of the best sets of coils to build around. They are sufficiently long and they don't get in the way of up travel. Basically, Currie designed those coils to fit within the upper and lower physical limits of the TJ's suspension travel. With some work, you can get lots of up and lots down.
As an owner of the 4 inch springs I would agree. But with the highlines he would almost be required to run the smaller bodied 2.5" ranchos or raise the mount to accommodate the larger body of the 3.5"

Jamie if you look at JJVW's build thread you will see one way to accomplish doing that.

As an owner of the 4 inch springs I would agree. But with the highlines he would almost be required to run the smaller bodied 2.5" ranchos or raise the mount to accommodate the larger body of the 3.5"

Jamie if you look at JJVW's build thread you will see one way to accomplish doing that.
thanks, I'm reading it now

Reactions: Alex01 and jjvw
What about the synergy spring, they are progressive also. I have rough country 5.5 “ used springs on my lj, they are sitting right at 4”, so if you want 3.5”, try a 4-5 inch and wait for them to settle. Just a thought. Tim

@jjvw I'm still reading the build but you might have to change your screen name to MacGyver or Mr. Mods lol

Reactions: jjvw
Waiting for the springs to sag
seems less than ideal way to build a suspension.🤓 I'd think adding a small spacer IF the spring sags would be a better path.🤔 I am far far from an expert suspension guy, but waiting until a part starts to degrade is odd.😐 Do you have to wait a month to go wheeling?😀 A year?😄 What if it dosen't sag? Then what? Load the Jeep with concrete and wait some more?😉😆😉

Waiting for the springs to sag
seems less than ideal way to build a suspension.🤓 I'd think adding a small spacer IF the spring sags would be a better path.🤔 I am far far from an expert suspension guy, but waiting until a part starts to degrade is odd.😐 Do you have to wait a month to go wheeling?😀 A year?😄 What if it dosen't sag? Then what? Load the Jeep with concrete and wait some more?😉😆😉

I hear ya, not sagging would be great and after all these springs are Currie/Savvy so if guys are getting +4" out of a 4" Currie spring then you'd think a Currie/Savvy 3" spring may bring 3+inches. I may go to Savvy in person with my Jeep and ask them. I've been twice and they've been really busy but still gave me time. After hearing from @jjvw and @Alex01 the pendulum has swung closer to Savvy 3".

well crap, i just installed the metalcloak 3.5"
time will tell. i'll be interested to see what the outcome is regardless of what you choose. 🍻