What does the "T" in "TJ" stand for?

LOL That's funny, because I think each new version of the Jeep has slowly become a "kinder, gentler Jeep". I'm sure the parallel leaf boys thought as much of our TJs when they came out in '97. And by the way, I love the YJ dash! LOL I'd put one in my TJ, if I thought I could do so without a huge hassle. Different stokes, eh? ;)

I recall the howls of anguish that accompanied the introduction of the TJ. "It's too wide! You'll never get it over the Rubicon!" "Coil springs?! They'll never be able to handle an off-camber trail!" "That dash belongs in a Subaru, not a Jeep!" "What did they do to the the tailgate?!!" And on and on, yada, yada, yada.

As far as the dash goes, I'd really love a flat, CJ-style dash panel in my LJ. Acres of room for gauges and switches.

All that being said, I'll support the "T for True" crowd (to get things back on track).

As usual ! :)
Ahhh Thank you sir (takes a bow)

bowing.png

Reactions: Jeep9748 and KCsTJ
I recall the howls of anguish that accompanied the introduction of the TJ. "It's too wide! You'll never get it over the Rubicon!" "Coil springs?! They'll never be able to handle an off-camber trail!" "That dash belongs in a Subaru, not a Jeep!" "What did they do to the the tailgate?!!" And on and on, yada, yada, yada.

As far as the dash goes, I'd really love a flat, CJ-style dash panel in my LJ. Acres of room for gauges and switches.

All that being said, I'll support the "T for True" crowd (to get things back on track).

My only gripe whatsoever about the TJ is the dash. I'd love an old CJ or even YJ style dash. Flat for all the gauges, painted metal to match the body. The TJ dash isn't horrible, but it definitely looks very 90s!

Reactions: Squatch
Trendy can't work my beloved jeep head, it's just not jeepy enough, imho.

I'll buy True or Tough... but Trendy, eh I just can't go there at this junction :)

:) Guessing that a 'vintage' fella like Squatch probably made the connection between your KC initials, and my reference to you as 'Sunshine' .... :D

Also guessing that 'Thoughtful' wouldn't make it as the 'T' word ....... :smoking::tongue:

:) Guessing that a 'vintage' fella like Squatch probably made the connection between your KC initials, and my reference to you as 'Sunshine' .... :D

Also guessing that 'Thoughtful' wouldn't make it as the 'T' word ....... :smoking::tongue:
LOL Disco references shall not be acknowledged by the Squatch! :eusa_doh::D

"Transition" Jeep
When Chrysler took full reign designing the new Jeep Wrangler, they wanted a simple designation to market a new era in the long respected line of Jeeps. Simply put, the new Wrangler with coil springs etc. was now a Jeep for all, "transitioning" from rough riding "off-road only" or military style vehicle to more of a family orientated SUV. More than just a "GP" (General Purpose) vehicle, Chrysler sought to capture both the old school wrangler community and capture new hesitant consumers wary of a rough riding, unsafe small-scale SUV.

This is all, of course, utter b.s... I have no freaking clue what I'm talking about.