What else do I need to replace when putting on spacer lift kit?

egrc_22

Hi everyone,

I am trying to lift my car by adding 3" coil spacers. I got my rubicon from Facebook marketplace and it looked like the previous owner didn't replace the springs. When I tried to add my spacers, my coils looked like they were being squeezed to death even without the sway links being attached. I don't know what is causing this issue. I look at videos and none of the jeeps that have the same kit have this issue.

I do plan on getting new sway links but I am not sure if I have to get some that are adjustable or the same size as the oem. I also want to get new springs, so should I get the original size that the car comes with?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to lift my car by adding 3" coil spacers. I got my rubicon from Facebook marketplace and it looked like the previous owner didn't replace the springs. When I tried to add my spacers, my coils looked like they were being squeezed to death even without the sway links being attached. I don't know what is causing this issue. I look at videos and none of the jeeps that have the same kit have this issue.

I do plan on getting new sway links but I am not sure if I have to get some that are adjustable or the same size as the oem. I also want to get new springs, so should I get the original size that the car comes with?

Before you start doing things to your Jeep, you’ll want to read some of the threads on here about how to do it. You can’t just throw some spacers or springs in and call it done.