What else will I need with a 3" lift?

amarusu

Hi,
I'm planning on putting on a 3 inch suspension lift. The kit comes with shocks and some budget boost coil spring spacers. What else will I need to get to make my jeep drivable after?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I'm planning on putting on a 3 inch suspension lift. The kit comes with shocks and some budget boost coil spring spacers. What else will I need to get to make my jeep drivable after?
Thanks in advance!
YOu may need to drop your TCase to avoid driveline vibrations. Or you could try a 1" motor mount lift to help correct the driveline angles. You may need or want an adjustable front trackbar to center the front axle under the rig. Also, you might need a rear trackbar relocation bracket to center the rear trackbar under the rig. Probably need some extended sway bar links for both front and rear. For front you could get some quick disconnects if you plan to go offroad. That should about cover it. 2.5-3" is about the breaking point, so you are in an iffy area. Top tire size at that lift height is 32".

I suggest researching a bit more before you commit to a kit that includes 3” spring spacers.
Yeah, you’d be a lot better off with 2 inch springs and 1.25 body or something, even better 3 inch springs, hell even 2 inch springs spacers and a 1 inch body.

Yeah, you’d be a lot better off with 2 inch springs and 1.25 body or something, even better 3 inch springs, hell even 2 inch springs spacers and a 1 inch body.
I agree with this being the best course of action unless you really want to dive in. If that's the case, 3" springs would be the best, not spring spacers. seems like a huge work around.

Everyone is challenging 3”. It is in the iffy zone. But do this first. Go measure your springs. If they are stock they are sagging some. Stock is 12” front and 8” rear. Then measure your spacer. I had a spacer once that claimed 2” but was 1.75”. Anyway, do this so you REALLY know how much lift you’ll have.

Everyone is challenging 3”. It is in the iffy zone. But do this first. Go measure your springs. If they are stock they are sagging some. Stock is 12” front and 8” rear. Then measure your spacer. I had a spacer once that claimed 2” but was 1.75”. Anyway, do this so you REALLY know how much lift you’ll have.
Agreed, I have a 2 inch spacer but -1 sag so effectively about 1 inch of lift.

I’m just trying to figure out why 3? Does he wanna run 33’s. Is it just to look better or if this to get over rocks? Do you really “need” bigger tires? It would really help to know why he wants to Lift the Jeep, looks? Offroad ability? Rides to soft for him? And what’s the end goal in terms of “built out”.

Reactions: JMT
Agreed, I have a 2 inch spacer but -1 sag so effectively about 1 inch of lift.

I’m just trying to figure out why 3? Does he wanna run 33’s. Is it just to look better or if this to get over rocks? Do you really “need” bigger tires? It would really help to know why he wants to Lift the Jeep, looks? Offroad ability? Rides to soft for him? And what’s the end goal in terms of “built out”.
Great questions for the OP.

Reactions: Yasha