What floor jack do you have and why?

I think @jjvw purchased these and found they are not all they are cracked up to be. They begin to lose pressure over time.
I have two of them and haven’t had an issue yet. But I’ve only used them maybe a dozen times so far.

Only annoyance is that gravity won’t always retract the jack, and it has to be pushed down in some cases.

There is a knock off under the name Alltrade on Amazon. I wonder if those are any different?

Strongway 3-ton quick lift from Northern Tool. 18.3” lift height perfect for my TJ. Have used it for my lift kit, ball joints, axle seals and countless other things that required a solid jack. Look for a sale combined with their monthly coupons for a great deal. Oh and it’s red :LOL:.

Harbor Freight Pittsburgh rapid pump for me too. I've had craftsman and used Snap-on and other commercial jacks but this one has worked fine for me with zero trouble. I don't usually buy much from HF, but this was on sale once for about $70 and I figured wasn't too big a loss if it didn't work well but I have been very happy with it.

I think @jjvw purchased these and found they are not all they are cracked up to be. They begin to lose pressure over time.
I don't have one. They sound interesting, but I can't remember why I haven't given them a try.

My 2 stage strongway bottle jack needs to be bleeded every so often. I complained about that a while back.

Last edited:
My faded yellow floor jack is from harbor freight. I bought it for $7 from some tweaker kid on CL several years ago.

Last edited:
I have a harbor freight 2 ton low profile jack that I bought years ago. It has really long travel, that's what I like. It looks exactly like the 3 ton jack they sell now. That's Harbor Freight math for you. Lets just say I use jack stands.