What gears?

There are some good things about the 2.5l/30rh setup despite the lack of power. Its very easy on the drivetrain and you can find and maintain the traction threshold in slippery stuff easy. Really nice combo for running around town too

I agree. I thought I was gonna hate it cause a keeping supposed to be a stick !! I gotta admit. I don’t hate it 😂

Reactions: Rickyd
I ordered 4.56’s in Youkon brand. Went ahead and got the whole kit so I can do all the bearings and seals while I’m in there. I like the look and stance with the 32” tires so I think I’ll be happy since that’s the largest tire I will ever run. Today on the highway I was turning 2800ish at 60 mph but when the torque converter locked up and the RPMs dropped to 2200ish it immediately started to lose speed. So I think this gear set will be the answer to my prayers. I just want to be able to run and maintain 65 mph.

Have you set up gears before? Post up when you do - we love following along on gear setups.

Have you set up gears before? Post up when you do - we love following along on gear setups.

Not on a jeep but yessir I have. I’ve done several. My H3 Hummer front and rear most recently. I’m still iffy on some of it but my dad owns a shop and has been a mechanic for 40 years. He’s pretty savvy on setting the crush sleeve and lash so I’ll probably look to him for guidance there. I hope to get them installed next Saturday and I’ll post results here.