What have non-Jeep owners said about your TJ/LJ?

From wife:
Did you know you wave at jeeps when you drive my Edge? Why?
How I feel when I do this in my Honda Accord.
C69886EA-3712-4954-BDEF-F968BEC290A3.png

1. Once a lady yelled, “That’s bad a—!”

2. Nice Jeep!

3. What year is it?

4. Can we take the Jeep? - my kids

"Why are you changing that? It isn't broken."
"I paid less for my minivan and its 10 years newer."
"That is a death trap. I thought you knew better."
————————--OR-————————
"Awesome! Wish my wife (husband) would let me get one!"
Can I try driving it once you get the tires back on?"
"So that is why the UPS truck stops at your house 3 times a week."

I had on guy at a gas station try to buy it from me. It was 6:30 in the morning and he was dressed in all camo so maybe he would've put it to good use.

I lived in a very large tourism area in Wyoming a few years back. There were a lot of tourists from asia that came on busses. Sometimes I parked down the street from where they would get dropped off. I came out one day to a line of 4 or 5 people waiting to get a photo in front of my doorless Jeep.

I've had one person yell F%^& Trump as I drove by with the american flag on the back. Thought that one was pretty good.

People also confuse the TJ with older CJ's those comments are even funnier.
People always either think my TJ is from the 70's or 80's or brand new. I don't really get it. Like when I first bought it a lot of friends would see if and be like oh did you buy it brand new? And the ones that didn't ask that would assume it's 40 years old or something lol.

I get a lot of compliments but one of my favourite stories was when I did my driving test in it, the tester was not a fan. He kept asking why is it so loud? Why is it so big on the outside and small on the inside? Is it broken?? It's making noises... So inconvenient to get in.

• Angry
Reactions: lindsey97

I get a lot of compliments but one of my favourite stories was when I did my driving test in it, the tester was not a fan. He kept asking why is it so loud? Why is it so big on the outside and small on the inside? Is it broken?? It's making noises... So inconvenient to get in.

More proof that a TJ is one of the best worst vehicles out there. They really are awful.

I have always received compliments on my jeep and lots of people tell me they wish they had one. Then one day a couple months ago, my wife decided to drive my TJ to work. She had never done that before. One of her co-workers asked her towards the end of the day, "do you know why that ugly yellow truck has been parked out front all day?"

Most people appreciate why I have one and appreciate the lifestyle it represents even if it is not for them.
I can understand lots of practical reasons why a person wouldn't want a Jeep, but "ugly yellow truck?" I don't even know where to begin.