What is a fair asking price OEM soft top bow & equipment?

wcarson89

Supporting Member
I recently purchased a 2002 TJ with a soft top. The top itself is faded and the plastic windows are fogged and scratched. Needless to say one of the first upgrades I did was to order a new soft top. The plan was to order a Bestop replace-a-top but I found a deal that was too good to pass up on a Bestop Supertop.

Given that the Supertop comes with all new bows and necessary equipment I am planning to sell the OEM soft top equipment.

What is a fair asking price? I see kits listed brand new for $500-600. My gut was to try and get $200-250 for mine. Is that reasonable / in the ball park?

Thanks Chris - if anyone sees this and is interested feel free to message me. I will (hopefully) have the new soft top installed this weekend

Had almost the same situation. Wanted tinted windows for my OEM top that was in decent shape (some scuffs on windows but not too bad) and didn't have tinted windows. Came across a hardly used OEM super top with tinted windows and love it. The panels in back make it fit so much better and it's much quieter as a result. Haven't used the sun rider feature yet since it's been 200 degrees here but looking forward to it as an added bonus once the weather cools off.

Sold my other top for $340 if that helps.

I'd check prices on craigslist or maybe offerup. I seem to recall a couple in the sub $200 range. I sold a set for around $100 last year. IIRC. (And that's a big IIRC. lol. My memory is terrible.) But mine was older and showing some age. And the guy was an active vet so I gave him a deal.

I recently purchased a 2002 TJ with a soft top. The top itself is faded and the plastic windows are fogged and scratched. Needless to say one of the first upgrades I did was to order a new soft top. The plan was to order a Bestop replace-a-top but I found a deal that was too good to pass up on a Bestop Supertop.

Given that the Supertop comes with all new bows and necessary equipment I am planning to sell the OEM soft top equipment.

What is a fair asking price? I see kits listed brand new for $500-600. My gut was to try and get $200-250 for mine. Is that reasonable / in the ball park?
Did you get a Supertop or a Supertop NX?

I've sold two tops for $100 each, but they were in pretty sub par condition