What is going on with this door handle?

noobdude

Would anybody please be able to tell me what is going on with this door handle? I've been looking to purchase a TJ and this one that is for sale appears to be pretty decent. The Jeep is more than 2 hours away so I'm hoping somebody here could help with this question before I make the journey and potentially find out this is a deal breaker.

2000_jeep_wrangler-pic-211486113092304370-1024x768.jpg

Reactions: Okcpuckfan
Yeah, it’s just an aftermarket arm rest, something I think would be pretty cool.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Yeah, it’s just an aftermarket arm rest, something I think would be pretty cool.
Guess armrests are something that has not even crossed my mind during this jeep hunting process, but this does indeed sound like a worthy upgrade. Here is the rest of the TJ if anyone is interested, only 86,000 miles... Let me now what the council thinks of my prospective purchase..

2000_jeep_wrangler-pic-366494396460231343-1024x768.jpeg

2000_jeep_wrangler-pic-2211885046619171479-1024x768.jpeg

Its spent its entire life in Indiana--check the frame! Its had an accident and the last of 5 owners also only kept it for 3 monhs this year. It looks lifted too and no way to tell from the photos what quality. Be careful inheriting previous owners' cheap, shoddy work and basketcases. I see a lot of cheap parts on it. Did i say checking for frame rust/rot is very important though?
Screenshot_20211113-070848_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211113-071430_Chrome.jpg

Its spent its entire life in Indiana--check the frame! Its had an accident and the last of 5 owners also only kept it for 3 monhs this year. It looks lifted too and no way to tell from the photos what quality. Be careful inheriting previous owners' cheap, shoddy work and basketcases. I see a lot of cheap parts on it. Did i say checking for frame rust/rot is very important though?
View attachment 290145View attachment 290146
Wow, thanks for the Carfax! It is a little scary that the previous owner only kept it for a few months. Frame rot has been making it difficult to find a good TJ here in Indiana. Every time I find one in my price range it usually has issues with the frame or it gets sold before I can even make it for a test drive. I do have a friend who is a mechanic and who has owned Jeeps for the last 30 years but I wouldn't ask him to drive 2+ hours just to go on a goose chase. The dealership is supposed to add a few dozen more photos to the listing, maybe that might save me a 2 hour drive. Thanks again!

Reactions: taylormade73
Wow, thanks for the Carfax! It is a little scary that the previous owner only kept it for a few months. Frame rot has been making it difficult to find a good TJ here in Indiana. Every time I find one in my price range it usually has issues with the frame or it gets sold before I can even make it for a test drive. I do have a friend who is a mechanic and who has owned Jeeps for the last 30 years but I wouldn't ask him to drive 2+ hours just to go on a goose chase. The dealership is supposed to add a few dozen more photos to the listing, maybe that might save me a 2 hour drive. Thanks again!
The dealer has the Carfax in the listing on their site.

That Rampage top will only last a short time, and you’ll need to replace. I went through 2 rampage tops in 3 years (warranty replaced first one) before buying the bestop top.

Dealerships are there to make a profit after paying the cost of everything they pay for, Mortgages, property taxes (if any), utilities, advertising, payrolls, the employer part of income taxes, maybe even some training along with other costs I have no idea about, probably the owner's new yacht, winter home and/or trophy wife, who knows?

The private party seller is just hoping to get the most $$$ he can so he will end up losing the least amount of $$$$ due to ownership.

Sometimes the $$$ in that sentence doesn't reduce the $$$$ at all, that's why I made the second one larger.😢

FWIW, I'm not saying you can't get a decent deal from a dealership. It's just very rare that it ever happens that way and you need to know what they're selling better than they know what they're selling.

Interesting, why would private parties be better for TJ's than a dealer? Do you mean for pricing?
From what I've seen, they usually have the TJ's that have been riced out and rusted up, and will probably be overpriced and not totally honest (or even oblivious) about the condition of the Jeep. I'm just naturally skeptical about dealerships. I'd rather buy from a private seller who has not trashed up the Jeep, has taken care of it, and knows the history of it.

Reactions: DrDmoney