What is needed for cheap 2.5"-3.5" lifts

cruisinwranglertj

Hi all, I hope all is well with everyone! This is my first time here on the forum as a member so thank you for having me. I just picked up a 99 sahara the other day in pretty good shape. This is my 5th TJ but its the first one I plan on lifting. This is not going to be a trail warrior as i do not have any trails in my area. It is going to be a grocery getter and town cruiser/ beach trail runner. I am not worried about a harsh ride or anything like that, it is just going to be a toy. I want to lift it as cheap or economically friendly as possible. I know that sounds bad, but it's true. I am not worried about ride quality or anything like that. I was looking into whether or not I go 2.5" or 3.5". 32"-33" tires are probably the largest I will be running. More likely 32". Is there a puck lift like they have in the JKs and JLs? And do I need anything else really besides coils, shocks, Steering stabilizer, and sway bars? If you guys could point me in the right direction It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all and God bless!

Hi all, I hope all is well with everyone! This is my first time here on the forum as a member so thank you for having me. I just picked up a 99 sahara the other day in pretty good shape. This is my 5th TJ but its the first one I plan on lifting. This is not going to be a trail warrior as i do not have any trails in my area. It is going to be a grocery getter and town cruiser/ beach trail runner. I am not worried about a harsh ride or anything like that, it is just going to be a toy. I want to lift it as cheap or economically friendly as possible. I know that sounds bad, but it's true. I am not worried about ride quality or anything like that. I was looking into whether or not I go 2.5" or 3.5". 32"-33" tires are probably the largest I will be running. More likely 32". Is there a puck lift like they have in the JKs and JLs? And do I need anything else really besides coils, shocks, Steering stabilizer, and sway bars? If you guys could point me in the right direction It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all and God bless!

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-recipe-for-an-affordable-but-quality-2-5-lift.41687/

Welcome to WTjF. I've seen people run 32" tires without a lift for street use. I'd at least do a 1.25" BL if money was tight.
Jeep 32s no lift.jpg

jeep 2015 wheels 2.jpg

2" budget boost (spacers) with 32s.
1714574148701.png

Last edited:
I'd go with a body lift. 1.25" should clear 32" tires for a street rig. Cheap, easy, and will not adversely impact ride quality.

Only issue is whether your undercarriage is rusted and the body mount bolts seized.

Thank you guys for the reply... Does anyone have any pics of a 2" budget boost with q 1.75" body lift with 32s? Do I need anything else to run that set up? Like would I need new shocks, a transfer case drop, or a fan shroud spacer? I heard that the issue of the shroud hitting when you do a body lift is an issue.. does anyone know if thats true?

Thank you guys for the reply... Does anyone have any pics of a 2" budget boost with q 1.75" body lift with 32s? Do I need anything else to run that set up? Like would I need new shocks, a transfer case drop, or a fan shroud spacer? I heard that the issue of the shroud hitting when you do a body lift is an issue.. does anyone know if thats true?

2" BB with 1.25" BL and 32s. If you get any vibes, the easiest thing to do is lower the transfer case skid with a few thick washers ($6-8 a bag at Lowe's). Some BLs come with the brackets to move the fan shroud. If not, just drill 4 holes to move it.
RED JEEP on 32s.jpg