What is the best 3" suspension lift for my TJ?

I have a salvaged 01 TJ that is all stock. I want to put a 3" or 3 1/2" suspension lift on it.
What is the best bolt on lift for this TJ? I didn't want to have to weld anything. Also don't want to have to modify the drive train, axles or anything like that. At this point I am a novice so I am not doing the expert trails. Focusing on the easy and moderate trails.

I also want to make sure any stock weak pieces are replaced,

thanks

If you don't want to have to mess with much, the best lift you can get is the OME 2.5 suspension lift (I run this lift myself). You won't need new control arms, you won't need to adjust the pinion angle, etc.

You'll get 2.5" of suspension lift, and you can pair it with a $100 body lift to get an extra 1/2" or 1" of lift. This is a solid setup, it's tried and tested, and it is hands down one of the best and most popular lift options for our TJs. It also rides very, very well, both on-road and off-road.

I have a salvaged 01 TJ that is all stock. I want to put a 3" or 3 1/2" suspension lift on it.
What is the best bolt on lift for this TJ? I didn't want to have to weld anything. Also don't want to have to modify the drive train, axles or anything like that. At this point I am a novice so I am not doing the expert trails. Focusing on the easy and moderate trails.

thanks

https://www.dpgoffroad.com/product/old-man-emu-ultimate-tjlj-wrangler-kit/

Reactions: Starrs

thanks
FYI if you dont have any sort of limited slip or lockers it isnt a true 4 wheel drive. Its 2 wheel drive theoretically. I know you dont want to mess with the drivetrain and axles but to run 33’s you need a slip yoke eliminator a new driveshaft, adjustable comtrol arms, and you will need to re-gear it for 33’s if you really want to do it right. If you are doing a regear might as well do lockers. Selectable lockers will allow for great street manners and even better manners off road.

I suggest staying at 2.5 inches of lift and running 31’s until you have the funds or desire to go to 33’s and do it right with the SYE, driveshaft, and regear.

Reactions: b0xcar
FYI if you dont have any sort of limited slip or lockers it isnt a true 4 wheel drive. Its 2 wheel drive theoretically. I know you dont want to mess with the drivetrain and axles but to run 33’s you need a slip yoke eliminator a new driveshaft, adjustable comtrol arms, and you will need to re-gear it for 33’s if you really want to do it right. If you are doing a regear might as well do lockers. Selectable lockers will allow for great street manners and even better manners off road.

I suggest staying at 2.5 inches of lift and running 31’s until you have the funds or desire to go to 33’s and do it right with the SYE, driveshaft, and regear.
All great advise. 2.5 inches doesn't sound bad and since I am new to this, 31's sounds like a good idea. I think some of my more experienced friends with newer Jeeps and longer frames run larger and might be advising me in their direction to go too large. Thank you all for your honest and logical opinions.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
That’s a good way to go. Think out your build. If you got $ to throw at it go for it ! If it’s a weekend warrior 2.5 and 32’s are a hella lot cheaper and will get your Jeep lots of places.
I learn new stuff everytime I go on a run

Reactions: bobthetj03
All great advise. 2.5 inches doesn't sound bad and since I am new to this, 31's sounds like a good idea. I think some of my more experienced friends with newer Jeeps and longer frames run larger and might be advising me in their direction to go too large. Thank you all for your honest and logical opinions.
If your friends have JKs, then their build advice doesn't directly carry over to the TJ. Though the concepts such as driveline angles, suspension travels, bump stop extensions, all still apply. At the same lift height, JKs can fit a slightly larger tire than the TJ.

Ask your JK buddies if they pulled their coils and cycled their suspensions before they shoved those big tires on.. ;)

2003 Rubicon