What is the best radiator for my 2005 TJ?

turbopilot

My stock radiator is now leaking. Whats the best replacement for a 2005 TJL 4.0, automatic with quick connects???

2005 Jeep.jpeg

My Jeep came with a brand new aftermarket radiator when I bought it. The PO was very proud of that. I have since freshen up everything else and one of the last items was installing a new MOPAR radiator. First thing I noticed was it was very simple to bleed the air out. Much faster then the imitation radiator. Next thing I noticed was it seemed to run a tad cooler on the gauge. I was not having overheating issues, and all other components were fresh, but the new radiator did show an improvement. No regret spending the extra money to replace something that wasn't yet broken. No regret spending a few extra pennies on a component that is better quality. Some day MOPAR radiators will be difficult to get and we will have to use copies. But that day is not today.

What about the Aluminum after market radiators?

Do a little searching around here and see how long those things last.

Even the supposed best ones (Mishimoto, Griffin, etc.) typically fail within 1-3 years.

How ling does a factory Mopar radiator last? Generally 10+ years easy.

Do a little searching around here and see how long those things last.

Even the supposed best ones (Mishimoto, Griffin, etc.) typically fail within 1-3 years.

How ling does a factory Mopar radiator last? Generally 10+ years easy.
Good to know, I have used Aluminum radiators in the past on other vehicles and had good luck so just figured they would be good on the TJ.

Good to know, I have used Aluminum radiators in the past on other vehicles and had good luck so just figured they would be good on the TJ.

Trust me, I keep hoping someone will make a good, aftermarket aluminum radiator for the TJ, but it has yet to materialize.