What is the consensus on leveling pucks?

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
What is the forum consensus on on leveling pucks ? Good ,bad , indifferent ?

I have always sort of thought they stock coil spring isolators did that as well a little , but that's a guess on my part.

I run .75" spacers up front to level it out, no problems, in fact I think you'll find many members running leveling spacers.

Reactions: fuse
Could you cut a space in half to reduce the height?

You could not make 2 out of 1 because of the way they sit in the springs. If you had 2 and wanted to cut them down for sizing purposes I don't see why you couldn't.

You could not make 2 out of 1 because of the way they sit in the springs. If you had 2 and wanted to cut them down for sizing purposes I don't see why you couldn't.
Ya I have a 2” but it’s to much.. wanted to make it more of a 1”.. I figure like a ban saw Would work best?

They may look level when sitting still and parked but they look squatted in the rear when running down the road due to the aerodynamics, wind resistance, and weight transfer at play when driving.

Personally, I think Jeeps and trucks that are “leveled” look like a dog squatting to take a leak when running down the road.

But hey, to each their own.

They will probably cost you 1-2 mpg due to higher wind resistance. That's why the factory lowered the nose and leaned the windshield back a few degrees.

They will probably cost you 1-2 mpg due to higher wind resistance. That's why the factory lowered the nose and leaned the windshield back a few degrees.

It wasn't to compensate for additional cargo and passenger weight?

Reactions: BAPilot2

Wouldn't leveling actually angle the windshield back even more thus increasing MPG?

Reactions: JMT
Wouldn't leveling actually angle the windshield back even more thus increasing MPG?
I have doubts on whether it is level or not has any real effect on gas mileage, but with that said, this makes more sense.

I also run .75" spacers up front.

Not my theory. It is (was) Jeeps theory. By lowering the nose a bit the front grill hits with less air restriction. I have also heard the same reason for the angle in the grill. I have no wind tunnel data to back up this claim. Nor am I 'claiming' anything. Just relaying information I had read as to the reason for the slope. This is also the claimed reason the YJ has a flatter hood than the CJ had. The EPA and Caffe ratings have caused auto companies to do some really odd things.

I put pucks in and got DW, wheel shake etc. Still don't know why, I did about 400 alignments, new tires, checked all steering etc.; once I took them out the Jeep drove perfect.

• Wow
Reactions: TJ Starting