What is the name of this part?

Mike Z

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Tried to google this with several different names that I thought might yield results...no such luck. Would be grateful to whomever can tell me the name of these rear tie down brackets? (this is not my jeep)

1640037816918.png

That sucks. At least you found it…

Tried to google this with several different names that I thought might yield results...no such luck. Would be grateful to whomever can tell me the name of these rear tie down brackets? (this is not my jeep)

I've always called them, "Those-P.I.T.A.-things-at-the-back-of-my-Jeep-that-serve-no-purpose", but "Crotch Goblin Restraint" does roll off the tongue a bit better.

the daughter would probably frown on this one if used in public! but thanks for the addition to my vocabulary this morning!
Just explain to her that very much like "bless yer heart", when you use the term "tricycle motor" in public, that's because we don't say "fuck trophy" in polite conversation. Then you can say fuck trophy all you like by using tricycle motor and she'll always know exactly what you mean.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
It is great that we can use two little words appropriately to perfectly describe the full aspects of some folk's offspring, how they were raised, how they turned out and why lots of folks should not procreate.
... not to mention a rapier-sharp criticism of the "everyone get's a trophy" system everyone is so fond of these days.