What is the optimum engine angle for an engine swapped, stock wheelbase TJ with Dana 44s & 33/35 inch tires?

Gunnersmate

TJ Enthusiast
What is the optimum engine angle for an engine swap Stock Wheel Base / Dana 44s front and rear / 33 to 35 inch tires 3 to 5 inches Mid Arm Lift
Engine Cummins 4 BT / Transmission Tremec 4050 / Transfercase NP 205

An angle that allows the drivetrain to fit under the jeep. Oil pan to axle,intake to hood, trans and transfercase clearing underneath and tucked up as much as possible.

Sounds like a fun project! You aren't gonna use a tj 44 to hold all that weight are you? I'd go waggy 44s.

Strip the tub bare and go with a flat cj style dash and steering column for a sweet noncomputer setup!

An angle that allows the drivetrain to fit under the jeep. Oil pan to axle,intake to hood, trans and transfercase clearing underneath and tucked up as much as possible.

Sounds like a fun project! You aren't gonna use a tj 44 to hold all that weight are you? I'd go waggy 44s.

Strip the tub bare and go with a flat cj style dash and steering column for a sweet noncomputer setup!

1970's Heavy Duty High Pin Dana 44 from Snow plow Truck
Tub is Stripper Bared and old School CJ style dash is the look I am after also thinking of Grafting an old school 1947 Willys Grill into the TJ Grill

Reactions: Rickyd
Why a 205? Np241-261 would be easier to get than a round pattern 205 and have a lower compound gear

Tremec 4050 has a Granny Low Compound Gear NP 204 is indestructible for the most part and shorter coming in at a 9 inch wide case if memory serves and I already have one
Bomb Proof No electronics No Computers No Electronic Sensors is what I am after

A friend of mine has an intercooled 4bta breadvan he'll sell me for 500$ I'm itching to put it in something,lol.

You have a motor yet? What mods? I'm thinking 200hp recipe if i get my friends.

I'd want a double cardan rear driveshaft on the back of that 205.it makes sense with an old school dash. Run a cable up to the speedo and a few other gauges and call it a day.

If it was me I'd sell the lj axle and get a Dana 60