What is up with Moog and DS1312?

Rubicon88

TJ Addict
The one for the ZJ steering conversion...

There seems to be no stock anywhere. I just ordered one for a customer to be drop shipped from Moog...and got an email...unfortunately at this time we can't fulfill this order...blah blah blah

(Damn Covid)???

Anyone here know of a real bonafide good inventory of said part please let me know.

Thx!!!

That is strange. Amazon does have them from private sellers.

I have an extra new one without the parts bag (castle nut, boot, zerk & cotter pin). If interested, PM me.

That is strange. Amazon does have them from private sellers.

I have an extra new one without the parts bag (castle nut, boot, zerk & cotter pin). If interested, PM me.
Thx for checking that out

I'm not very good with Amazon. My fiancé buys shit from there.
Having said that I pulled up DS1312 on there and it appears to me looking at all the shipping dates (they give a window) that these are all drop shipped from the mfg...????...which puts me right where I'm at now.

I'm going to check one more place this afternoon. If nothing I'll PM you

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Moog parts are no better or worse than any other foreign made crap. They are manufactured in 16 different countries.
Sorry but that's just not true.

Country of origin is all over the globe...(however most times it's USA or Mexico)...(most times)...

See there are mfg standards out there that come from same warehouse and get differebt boxes or painted differently. It too can happen with a better quality part too...but the castings, joints, etc are better.

We see this shit every day.
Compare a moog sway bar link to a driveworks.

Compare Napa's proformer line to NAPA chassis line.

Sway bar links, tie rods, wheel bearings, ball joints, control arms and on and on.

There absolutely is a difference in quality...and price for that matter.

Are you suggesting that spicer u-joints are on par with everyone else in the industry because they're Asian made?

There absolutely can be a difference in parts even if they both come from Asia.

You could always drop a few more coins and get the Currie Currectlync. No question of quality there.
It might come to that.

Currie has a great reputation but I'm curious about something with those components.

On the section running to the left front...
(The sleeve) is that sleeve hollow straight across from joint (attaching to drag link)to joint (attaching to knuckle) or only hollow to accept the tie rod then back to solid.??

It might come to that.

Currie has a great reputation but I'm curious about something with those components.

On the section running to the left front...
(The sleeve) is that sleeve hollow straight across from joint (attaching to drag link)to joint (attaching to knuckle) or only hollow to accept the tie rod then back to solid.??
It's a solid 1 1/4" bar. Currie doesn't develop a crappy line, only the best.

Edit: you were referencing the turn buckle. It is thick but not solid. You don't have to worry about it if that's what you are wondering.

So I just contacted my Moog rep and asked him about this...no DC1312 on the horizon for at least 2 months. At least!

I did just get confirmation of my suspicion about the NCP line from NAPA.
All NCP (napa Chassis parts) parts are made by Moog for NAPA.

At present on my commercial site they have 23 in stock. One across my state and the rest in Indianapolis.

It's a solid 1 1/4" bar. Currie doesn't develop a crappy line, only the best.

Edit: you were referencing the turn buckle. It is thick but not solid. You don't have to worry about it if that's what you are wondering.
It was just my curiosity about that. I've never heard anything derogatory about Currie stuff.

Reactions: hosejockey61
It was just my curiosity about that. I've never heard anything derogatory about Currie stuff.
Currie stands by their products...
I ran the original Currie HD steering on my XJ which also fits the TJ; I was quite satisfied with its performance.
After 15 years I needed to replace the tie rod end at the pitman arm due to a lot of play.