What mods should my new Tj get!?

Kendall308

Just bought my first Tj. Already have a 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo but it's not really worth putting the money into. So it's my Fiancé's daily for now.

Curious what mods I should put on in the next few months.
1998 jeep wrangler sahara.
I plan on doing all bodywork and painting back to factory green.
Already have a soft top and a matching tan bikini top and Matching full doors.
Definately thinking about a full set of tube fenders and a wicked front bumper. Probably a light bar or three. Maybe a winch.

But I would like to know what the community thinks!
20170211_180825.jpg
received_10208549292797564.jpeg
received_10208549291197524.jpeg
received_10208549290437505.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum first of all. What is your planned use for it? At a minimum all fluids, belt, full tune up if not recent, suspension check out and replace as necessary and lube, brake check. Basically make sure it is sound mechanically before dumping any money on modifications.

The first thing I always think of is the right tires for your intended use, the appropriate size lift, and a winch!

Reactions: JP98
The first thing I always think of is the right tires for your intended use, the appropriate size lift, and a winch!
I'm with Chris. Take the time to think through how you are planning to use your new TJ. Then go for the things that will help it preform to your expectations. The right tires, a little lift and a winch will get you a long way.

Reactions: Stinger
I like the tires on it. Hate the wheels though. And it has a 3 inch lift already but I think I will eventually end up with a 6 inch longarm.
And definately a winch. Had a 5000 warn on my Frontier and it was a lifesaver more than once

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carpeting (or better yet a Bedrug kit). Your jeep will get really hot and loud in the summer time if you don't have some insulation and another barrier between you and Jeep's tub. And definitely a spare tire.