What not to do to your LJ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a fan of the whole grille being chrome. However I do like the chrome beauty rings on the slots and head lights. When I bought my TJ the slot rings were not shiny anymore so I searched for some new and saw this set that had billet bars in them as well as the chrome rings, I thought cool. Nope not cool was too much but I then thought we'll see how I feel about them in a couple days. The next day at work I get a text from a coworker "Did your jeep come with those grille inserts?" I replied no I put them in. He sent me back a GIF of a woman gagging like she was gonna puke. Now I had to leave them in cause I didn't want him to think I took them out cause he didn't like them, I left those gaudy things in for 3-4 months before I removed them, much better now with just the chrome beauty rings.
063.JPG

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
I always liked those DC2 wheels, really like the way they look until they are mounted on a jeep, then they really don't look good. Something about them just does not mix with a wrangler, I came very close to getting them for my last JKU, glad i saw them mounted first.

Reactions: skrelnik
My Jeep had those exac items when I got it. Apparently it was a dealer package per previous owner who got some unknown reason liked that look. I removed everything except the grill and gas cap cover. I just got a locking gas cap and that gas cap cover will be out once I install it. I do like the chrome grill overlay though (it's factory Mopar believe it or not, have the paperwork!) but been contemplating removing it as well.

This was mine when I bought it, needless to say, the rims, grill insert, gas filler housing and the cowl vent cover have been replaced so far.
I didn't like the look when I saw it, but what I did like was that fact it hadn't been abused off road, it was spotless underneath.
177410485.jpg

Reactions: Chris
This was mine when I bought it, needless to say, the rims, grill insert, gas filler housing and the cowl vent cover have been replaced so far.
I didn't like the look when I saw it, but what I did like was that fact it hadn't been abused off road, it was spotless underneath.View attachment 55092

Oh my goodness... those rims are just hideous!

Like you said, at least it was spotless underneath.

I went thru a chrome phase when I was maybe 15-16 and bought my first pickup. I just thought it was the coolest look. I had chrome trim along the rockers, chrome bed caps and rails, chrome handles, grill inserts and guard, and exhaust tips. I never understood why everyone said "chrome wont get you home". Slowly over the years it finally started to drop off and when I sold the truck the only chrome pieces on there were the bed rail caps and tube steps. I do miss that truck though...chrome and all!

Goldie.jpg
Truck81.JPG

Reactions: Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.