What other projects are you working on?

I managed to finally hear KCPK's ctaf/unicom frequencies. Making some progress now, but switched back to GQRX on Linux to run this device.
<EDIT> Hopefully I'm allowed to upload the short .wav file of this. Apologies if not.

Attachments

• gqrx_20230611_182712_123075000.wav
    3.6 MB
Reactions: Zorba
Noticed some damage on our deck and started to remove those pieces. Well it went a little farther than expected until it was completely removed. 😂

70613433716__F67A98E7-6A0C-4552-9AE6-DA59CE00FF8F.jpeg

70612761465__850BA710-6D75-4887-AC1D-C4DE802F5021.jpeg

70613432056__E9A559B2-E50D-440A-95BF-1A29B1DB3D93.jpeg

IMG_3273.jpeg

IMG_3272.jpeg

Decided to rebuild the workbench in the garage over this weekend between other projects accomplished elsewhere. forget how tall I built it but it's 3' deep and 8' wide. old bench was ~2.5' x 8ish foot.

I didnt build the old wobbly bench but have been using it & it had been a pain in the ass with use of the vise. The bench was nailed to the wall but I was frequently pulling nails out while torquing on the vise. tThinking about getting a 24x12" 3/8" rolled steel sheet to put under the vise now (would give me hammering / small flat surface).

glued and screwed the whole thing together, mostly 2x4's and a few 2x8's. glued and lagged additional 2x4's to the cinderblock wall (had to shim out from drywall) then lag screwed the bench legs to it.

seems solid as a rock so far.

still need to finish the shelf.. ive got some plywood out in the barn but its raining finally and ive already picked up my mess.

IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4897.jpeg

IMG_4898.jpeg

Decided to rebuild the workbench in the garage over this weekend between other projects accomplished elsewhere. forget how tall I built it but it's 3' deep and 8' wide. old bench was ~2.5' x 8ish foot.

I didnt build the old wobbly bench but have been using it & it had been a pain in the ass with use of the vise. The bench was nailed to the wall but I was frequently pulling nails out while torquing on the vise. tThinking about getting a 24x12" 3/8" rolled steel sheet to put under the vise now (would give me hammering / small flat surface).

glued and screwed the whole thing together, mostly 2x4's and a few 2x8's. glued and lagged additional 2x4's to the cinderblock wall (had to shim out from drywall) then lag screwed the bench legs to it.

seems solid as a rock so far.

still need to finish the shelf.. ive got some plywood out in the barn but its raining finally and ive already picked up my mess.

View attachment 435628

View attachment 435629

View attachment 435630

License plates look great too!

Not enough Colorado plates for your name.

its the signature plate, managed to make it back to the home state with it after the purchase out west 🤫 cant remember what I did with the rear plate though. I was insured, just not legally plated. it was a 50/50.. didnt want to continuously be hassled for driving without a plate for 22 hours 😆 also didnt want to get caught with someone else's plate.

Working on a project that I didn't want, didn't expect, and is holding me off of everything else.

Last nite (Saturday), I was about 100 miles from home, in the dressing room at a Belly Dance show, getting ready to go onstage when my (flip) phone goes off. Wife's ringtone. I knew it couldn't POSSIBLY be good, as she sure wouldn't be calling me at a show. Long story short: A/C condensate line clogged, causing an overflow. Destroyed the laminate flooring in the hall, and in part of one of the bedrooms. The HVAC company who installed it insisted on moving the overflow switch from where I had it, to the front of the actual air handler, despite my protests. "Required by code". Then I failed to follow up and either move it back where I had it or better yet, just install a 2nd one. So I'm kicking myself in the ass because I friggin' *KNEW* this could happen, and it did.

So now the floor in the hall has been removed - it is an unknown brand/pattern, so there's no getting any more of it. The bedroom laminate I do know the brand/pattern, but I don't yet know if its still available. If it is, I'll replace the damaged planks in said bedroom, and use the same stuff in the hall. If it isn't, I'll mine the bedroom for good planks and re-do the hall with those, then re-do the bedroom with the same stuff I used in our MBR and Library last year. I'll pull the worst of the bedroom planks out tomorrow.

And yes, I fixed the fucking condensate line to have an overflow switch where it actually needs one, and ordered a 2nd one to put back in the "stock" location just for peace of mind. Dehumidifier is currently sitting in the hall drying up the remaining water. Horses and barn doors...

I'm still putting the house back together from the re-pipe project, almost done patching the sheetrock everywhere except the front bathroom. I punted the front bathroom wall/tub tile job to my son-in-law to do while I'm busy with the laminate floor. Wife's tired of the "construction zone" as the kitchen floor tile has yet to come in - its apparently being shipped from either Italy or Spain by camel caravan by way of Cairo. Now even I have about had enough of this house - I wanna work on my Jeep, trailer, and shed. I have a shit ton of sewing to do, I need to make more sistra, blah, blah, blah...

Somebody call me a WHAAAAAmbulance! ;)

Working on a project that I didn't want, didn't expect, and is holding me off of everything else.

Last nite (Saturday), I was about 100 miles from home, in the dressing room at a Belly Dance show, getting ready to go onstage when my (flip) phone goes off. Wife's ringtone. I knew it couldn't POSSIBLY be good, as she sure wouldn't be calling me at a show. Long story short: A/C condensate line clogged, causing an overflow. Destroyed the laminate flooring in the hall, and in part of one of the bedrooms. The HVAC company who installed it insisted on moving the overflow switch from where I had it, to the front of the actual air handler, despite my protests. "Required by code". Then I failed to follow up and either move it back where I had it or better yet, just install a 2nd one. So I'm kicking myself in the ass because I friggin' *KNEW* this could happen, and it did.

So now the floor in the hall has been removed - it is an unknown brand/pattern, so there's no getting any more of it. The bedroom laminate I do know the brand/pattern, but I don't yet know if its still available. If it is, I'll replace the damaged planks in said bedroom, and use the same stuff in the hall. If it isn't, I'll mine the bedroom for good planks and re-do the hall with those, then re-do the bedroom with the same stuff I used in our MBR and Library last year. I'll pull the worst of the bedroom planks out tomorrow.

And yes, I fixed the fucking condensate line to have an overflow switch where it actually needs one, and ordered a 2nd one to put back in the "stock" location just for peace of mind. Dehumidifier is currently sitting in the hall drying up the remaining water. Horses and barn doors...

I'm still putting the house back together from the re-pipe project, almost done patching the sheetrock everywhere except the front bathroom. I punted the front bathroom wall/tub tile job to my son-in-law to do while I'm busy with the laminate floor. Wife's tired of the "construction zone" as the kitchen floor tile has yet to come in - its apparently being shipped from either Italy or Spain by camel caravan by way of Cairo. Now even I have about had enough of this house - I wanna work on my Jeep, trailer, and shed. I have a shit ton of sewing to do, I need to make more sistra, blah, blah, blah...

Somebody call me a WHAAAAAmbulance! ;)

For flooring , you might investigate " Luxury vinyl flooring " . it is about 10 times better than laminate in wet conditions and has a lot of color /patterns like laminate. We use it in some county buildings in rest rooms with great success. Good call on Two overflow switches. does your evaporator pan have a primary and secondary drain line? May the wind be at your back in these unplanned " projects".

For flooring , you might investigate " Luxury vinyl flooring " . it is about 10 times better than laminate in wet conditions and has a lot of color /patterns like laminate. We use it in some county buildings in rest rooms with great success. Good call on Two overflow switches. does your evaporator pan have a primary and secondary drain line? May the wind be at your back in these unplanned " projects".

I've installed vinyl plank in bathrooms before - its fine. Shouldn't need it in the rest of the house, key word being "shouldn't"...

• Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep
We "repurposed" this 100 y/o + cast iron spiral stair for the loft at our house. Got it moved in today with the help of a few strong neighbors.
Now onto finishing the railings.

View attachment 436001

That's fantastic. I know some jurisdictions *cough*commiefornia*cough* frown on spiral staircases, but I think they're wonderful.

Reactions: Farmergreg
That's fantastic. I know some jurisdictions *cough*commiefornia*cough* frown on spiral staircases, but I think they're wonderful.
You have to focus when you use them but it beats the crap out of the extension ladder we've been using.
Too many limitations to put in any other kind of stair.

Started (and just about finished) making a bed yesterday for the mountain house. I bought the wood from a retired sherif who now tears down barns and sells the wood. Insanely nice guy, have bought from him many times now. Some of the wood on this bed is from an 1820’s barn in the area, and then the sideboards are actually from the biltmore estate in Asheville. I thought that was quite cool. We don’t know exactly where the door is from that I used for the headboard. Some photos -

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7915.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg

I guess now is a good time too to dump a whole bunch of the other similar projects I’ve done in the past as well. I’ve made almost all of the furniture for our mountain house. I absolutely love doing it.

These stools are made from cedar wood that I collected after a tornado went through our neighborhood in Charlotte a few years ago. People had trees down everywhere. I just went around asking to clear it for them and then collected the wood.

IMG_7917.jpeg

These bunk beds are also made mostly of cedar from that tornado. Took me a couple weeks to make and build it all, but definitely in my opinion the coolest of my projects so far.

IMG_7913.jpeg

I made this bed out of some cedar, as well as some pine from nearby the house.

IMG_9327.jpeg

This coffee table has more of that tornado cedar wood as the legs. The stuff is just so pretty, I’ve gotta use it everywhere. We bought the slab from a store nearby, I forget what type of wood it is.

IMG_7918.jpeg

And then this massive dining table is made out of the rafters of an 1816 barn, that’s the tabletop and benches. The rest of it is leftover wood from the builders that built this house.

IMG_7916.jpeg

hopefully someone enjoyed seeing that 🙂

Started (and just about finished) making a bed yesterday for the mountain house. I bought the wood from a retired sherif who now tears down barns and sells the wood. Insanely nice guy, have bought from him many times now. Some of the wood on this bed is from an 1820’s barn in the area, and then the sideboards are actually from the biltmore estate in Asheville. I thought that was quite cool. We don’t know exactly where the door is from that I used for the headboard. Some photos -

View attachment 438798

View attachment 438799

View attachment 438800

I guess now is a good time too to dump a whole bunch of the other similar projects I’ve done in the past as well. I’ve made almost all of the furniture for our mountain house. I absolutely love doing it.

These stools are made from cedar wood that I collected after a tornado went through our neighborhood in Charlotte a few years ago. People had trees down everywhere. I just went around asking to clear it for them and then collected the wood.

View attachment 438803

These bunk beds are also made mostly of cedar from that tornado. Took me a couple weeks to make and build it all, but definitely in my opinion the coolest of my projects so far.

View attachment 438805

I made this bed out of some cedar, as well as some pine from nearby the house.

View attachment 438801

This coffee table has more of that tornado cedar wood as the legs. The stuff is just so pretty, I’ve gotta use it everywhere. We bought the slab from a store nearby, I forget what type of wood it is.

View attachment 438802

And then this massive dining table is made out of the rafters of an 1816 barn, that’s the tabletop and benches. The rest of it is leftover wood from the builders that built this house.

View attachment 438804

hopefully someone enjoyed seeing that 🙂

Did they cut the wood with a Slabmizer?

• Love
Reactions: Rickyd and RINC