What part is this?

Michelle99

Had a Poll barn collapse on my 2001 TJ, crushed the front end. Removed fenders, grill, windshield frame, hood. Made sure i labeled all nuts and bolts/evap/etc... took a ton of pics. I know where everything goes except.... What the heck are these? Any help would be most appreciated. Apparently i didn't take enough pics.

Thanks,

liner1.jpg

I'm pretty sure those stop air from flowing around the radiator. I've never had mine out but had to move one around until it stopped letting so much air around.

The thinner parts mount between the radiator and what it bolts to while the thicker part goes toward the front right behind the outer grille between the slots and the headlights.

Reactions: BlueRidge304
x2 to above. They look like the A/C Condenser Seals:

1.jpg

Sorry to hear about the damage, hopefully you can get it all put back together and on the trails again. Sounds like you're on the right track, good call on labeling everything.
And welcome to the forum, even though it's under less than ideal circumstances. We love pictures around here, feel free to post a few.

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ and Daryl
And now we know the name of them. A/C Condenser Seals

I can't imagine they wouldn't be there on a TJ that didn't have A/C. The more I think about those pieces I think they do more to protect the headlights beside them from whatever's coming in through the slots than actually guiding the air towards the fan.

Reactions: BlueRidge304
Man, thanks for the reply's, apparently you are all correct. I suspect my research yielded no results because all the TJ's I looked at didn't have AC's in them.

Okay, so slightly off topic...

Maybe Chris could start a whole new category- "Guess what this is?"

It might be kind of fun. And, it could be an actual needing-the-info or something like a macro pic of a spark plug tip. Just let us know in the thread title if it's critical or just for grins.