What seems to be the best track bar?

Reactions: rasband and Xposure
@raspberry @jjvw thanks guys...I had pulled that rubber back some just wasnt sure. Thanks for confirming! Before putting it on, I just wanted to be sure I didnt get the wrong thing.

Much appreciated

• Haha
Reactions: rasband and jjvw
@rasband
raspberry.gif

Reactions: Xposure
I was literally pulling the tread back up to delete the question before anyone saw it hahaha....dang, I just wasnt fast enough 🤣🤣🤣
The axle side zerk will likely get broken off by the bracket. I suggest putting a set screw in there instead.

Reactions: rasband and Irun
The axle side zerk will likely get broken off by the bracket. I suggest putting a set screw in there instead.
I was about to comment on the zerks too, the axle side is supposed to be their right angle one, but it didn’t fit for me and I put a small zerk there. But since zerks on JJs are largely useless anyway - a screw is probably a better thing to use.

Reactions: jjvw
I was about to comment on the zerks too, the axle side is supposed to be their right angle one, but it didn’t fit for me and I put a small zerk there. But since zerks on JJs are largely useless anyway - a screw is probably a better thing to use.
Yeah, it isnt fitting, it hits the bracket about a 1/4" before the holes are lined up. Looks like I need to find something to fit in there or grind the bracket so itll have room. The search begins to find something thatll fit lol.

That sucks.

Yeah, it isnt fitting, it hits the bracket about a 1/4" before the holes are lined up. Looks like I need to find something to fit in there or grind the bracket so itll have room. The search begins to find something thatll fit lol.

That sucks.
I just removed mine.

Reactions: Xposure
I just found a real small zerk that fits without touching anything...it wont be useful but it serves as a good plug. BUT...

Do the JJ's need to be greased? The frame side joint appears to be greased (could see some down in the cracks) from RockJock so I'm assuming the axle side is as well but I cant tell with the rubber covers on it. I really dont want to take it apart to see lol.

Last edited:
Do the JJ's need to be greased? The frame side joint appears to be greased (could see some down in the cracks) from RockJock so I'm assuming the axle side is as well but I cant tell with the rubber covers on it. I really dont want to take it apart to see lol.
Of the 20 JJs on my rig, I’d recommend getting a good grease baseline. I didn’t open up a bunch before putting them on and they creaked within 6-8 months. Since then I’ve opened up the rest and found varying amounts of grease.

I packed mine pretty full since most the excess works its way out during assembly.

Reactions: Jeep 541X
Of the 20 JJs on my rig, I’d recommend getting a good grease baseline. I didn’t open up a bunch before putting them on and they creaked within 6-8 months. Since then I’ve opened up the rest and found varying amounts of grease.

I packed mine pretty full since most the excess works its way out during assembly.

What type of grease are you using on your JJ's?

Thank you so much for the quick response. I'll be sure to get some and add it to the new RockJock JJ track bar I'll be installing this weekend.

Now I am not so sure about the Redline CV-2... Rockjock states the following on their JJ track bar directions:
12. Lastly, grease the zerk fittings on both Johnny Joints with a non-synthetic, high moly lube.