What should I do to make it more agile and fun for daily driver?

‘05 TJ-U, and I rarely use 4th & 5th on surface streets. Sometimes not even 3rd if I’m on a bit of a downslope.
I’ll go from 3rd to 6th or 4th to 6th. Unless I’m wanting to gain speed on the freeway, then I’ll row through all gears.
On surface streets I do wrap it up around 3k rpm’s, give or take. Around here, surface streets are at the most 40 mph.
You need to learn how to drive a manual lol WTF is all I can say lol
No wonder you yanks drive around at 4000 revs lol

Last edited:
Reactions: jjvw
I'm trying to understand why someone who will not be doing any offroading buys a lifted Rubicon complete with a winch and huge tires?!? Maybe I'm the idiot but this seems pretty stupid. Sell it and buy a car.

Interesting all the metrics that I shared above are with RPM not exceeding 2400.
In 2 and 3 gear I found that on plain street there is no gain in speed beyond 3000 rpm. It's just engine revving more but that's it. I believe my clutch are fine but still this what I experience.
Its not your clutch! your tires are too big for the gears lol look listen learn!

I'm trying to understand why someone who will not be doing any offroading buys a lifted Rubicon complete with a winch and huge tires?!? Maybe I'm the idiot but this seems pretty stupid. Sell it and buy a car.
Resale value of a low mileage rust free TJ, OP already said this is why it was bought?
There is a group of engineers and they all got together and got it all wrong with the TJ Rubi lol
I said it before in an earlier post "all fur coat and no knickers" or as you US people say "Mall Crawler" OP should have bought a car and couldn't agree more :)

Sell it and buy a car.

if I understand you, and I think I do:

miata.jpg

Resale value of a low mileage rust free TJ, OP already said this is why it was bought?
There is a group of engineers and they all got together and got it all wrong with the TJ Rubi lol
I said it before in an earlier post "all fur coat and no knickers" or as you US people say "Mall Crawler" OP should have bought a car and couldn't agree more :)
I have a 4runner and other SUV's.
I have no shame in being labelled road crawler or mall crawler. How many percentage of jeep wrangler that are currently on road and are being used for trailing and rock crawling or whatever? Come around my city and I will show you so many Jeeps which I know don't even see light of trails and were purchased at 40k price. Are they all jokers in your opinion?
Yes there's good resale value no rust and it ticked many points for me and I was not able to get a fair idea of what to expect from a Rubicon during a short test drive.
Also no disrespect but if I am correct from my Australia experience the daily driving there itself is like crawling 40km/hr speed limit in city I guess.

Last edited:
I have a 4runner and other SUV's.
I have no shame in being labelled road crawler or mall crawler. How many percentage of jeep wrangler that are currently on road and are being used for trailing and rock crawling or whatever? Come around my city and I will show you so many Jeeps which I know don't even see light of trails and were purchased at 40k price. Are they all jokers in your opinion?
Yes there's good resale value no rust and it ticked many points for me and I was not able to get a fair idea of what to expect from a Rubicon during a short test drive.

Yes won't agree with you. A jeep wrangler any trim

I don't agree with you. You may have your opinion.
For reference fellow member from Australia come over and suggest about crawler and I would have nothing but more surprise look at them. The speed limits in their country is tapped at 40km/hr and 60km/hr for cities/freeway and technically they should not even have a need for more than 800-1000CC engine car yet they have all kind of vehicle crawling over including Sports cars.

Reactions: Vasq