What size lift do I have?

Bajafreaks

A newby here, my first post. I bought this 97 TJ about 6 months ago the previous owner said it had a lift installed many years ago some kind of a Pro Comp lift that's all he knew. By looking at the pics can you tell roughly want size lift I have ? the tires are 31x10.5. I want to level out the front and maybe add a small body lift so I can go with 32's. Thanks for any feed back.

thumbnail_IMG_0233.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0234.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0235.jpg

Measure your springs. Stock springs are 12" in the front and 8" in the rear with the weight of the Jeep on them. Anything over that would roughly be your lift height.

Reactions: jjvw
Ok so I measured the rear its definitely 10" but the front is 13" measuring just the spring itself if I measure including the rubber on top its 14". So I guess its safe to say its a 2" lift. I'd like to get rid of the rake front how much do you guys add to the front to get it leveled out ? As I mentioned I'll probably add a short body lift as well Its pretty close to the lift I want without too much trouble and should fit 32's. Thanks again.

Ok so I measured the rear its definitely 10" but the front is 13" measuring just the spring itself if I measure including the rubber on top its 14". So I guess its safe to say its a 2" lift. I'd like to get rid of the rake front how much do you guys add to the front to get it leveled out ? As I mentioned I'll probably add a short body lift as well Its pretty close to the lift I want without too much trouble and should fit 32's. Thanks again.
0.75 spacer is what most use

Yep, 3/4" coil spacer up front to level it and Rokmen makes a 0.5" body lift if you want a baby BL.

Is it possible for the springs to be weak or sagging if I'm taking it all apart anyway for 100 bucks I could put fresh front ones in.

Typically, we don't include the upper cushion in the measurement, so with only 1" of actual lift up front sagging springs could be a possibility.

Reactions: Ante_Up