What size spring spacers do I need?

kiwi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve got a pretty obvious rake after doing the 2.5” OME lift. I need to add some spacers up front to level it out, but how do i figure out what size spacers i need to make it level? Thanks in advance!
9EF579F8-FDBB-49E5-900A-06EF779725D6.jpeg

Use a tape measure and find out. Measure from the fender flare to the ground and see what the difference is. My guess would be 1/2-3/4" spacer would solve your issue.

Reactions: kiwi
IMO, I'd measure the tub, instead of the bottom of the fenders. I'm not sure the fenders were ever designed to be level, were they?

It looks fine. Drive it for a month or two and then measure at the frame by the control arms again. When you sit in it the frame is probably close to level, not that level really has much meaning. Looking at your hard top it appears almost perfectly aligned with the fence, why mess with that?

Reactions: B252
I always add 1" spacers or longer springs up front. Measuring from the top of the tire to the bottom of the flare will give you an idea of what you what you need. They still sit slightly higher in the rear.

p.s. I NEVER ride people in the back seats. Your title says wheel spacers.
tan jeep no lift (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

tan jeep lifted bl (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

jeep 03 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Haha, those are actually the ones i'm looking to get. How'd you like them? Are they worth the price or should i get the savvy rocker guards instead?
They worked great for the price. Savvy would be much better quality though. They should be for 3 times the price.

I’ve got a pretty obvious rake after doing the 2.5” OME lift. I need to add some spacers up front to level it out, but how do i figure out what size spacers i need to make it level? Thanks in advance!
View attachment 260114
I dont think there is any ass end up? if you look at Boogiemans 1" extra in the front post#8 there is about the same difference between front and rear as your own , I think its the fender flare shape difference between front and back that is throwing you off and making the rear look higher than the front. If you snip the two pics and look at them side by side the geometry is very similar in my way of viewing?
The Hard Tops make TJ,s look low from direct view of the back end and not so with the soft top.

I always add 1" spacers or longer springs up front. Measuring from the top of the tire to the bottom of the flare will give you an idea of what you what you need. They still sit slightly higher in the rear.

p.s. I NEVER ride people in the back seats. Your title says wheel spacers.
View attachment 260249
View attachment 260250
View attachment 260251
Reviving my own old post but just wondering, does running with 1" spacers up front effect off-roading? Should i be any more cautious or anything?

Reviving my own old post but just wondering, does running with 1" spacers up front effect off-roading? Should i be any more cautious or anything?
I’m not really sure what you mean by that. Other than changing shock bias, and maybe having to change bump stops, what could happen off-road that wouldn’t happen onroad?