What tire do you run and why?

Dan_man

Supporting Member
So I’m looking for an new set of 35s. With my last jeep I had 33 Toyo mt and I loved them but they don’t have a 35/12.50/15 so I’m looking for something new. Let me know what you are running and why.

I have BFG K02's on my LJ. Wanted something that looked aggressive, but still had good road manners and could perform in the New England winters. They're new for me, but so far I really like them. I have not gone through a winter with them yet though.

Had General Grabbers on the Jeep before the K02's and I much prefer the BFG.

I loved the Toyo Open Country MT as well. Had them in 37's on my 2012 JK.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Goodyear Duratrac. Multi-purpose tire that’s also light and durable. I would have a hard time going to another brand after seeing everything my tires have gotten me through w all four seasons here in the NE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried something different. Ran Toyo, BFG, Goodyear, Super swampers, maxxis, falken, etc.

Tried some off brand, thunderer. Made in Thailand. Been super happy with them, have about 3k on them. Paid $150 each so figured I’d give them a shot. 33x12.50x15’s.

Running BFG KO’s on the 4Runner. Happy as usual.

I run 35" Baja Claws.

They're a good tire, with decent road manners. They loud, but I like loud tires on trucks/Jeeps. They're not the best in snow, but are fine for everything else I do.

What type of wheeling do you do?
If you mean me, desert dirt/sand, rocky trails but no really big stuff in terms of rocks. Rocks here tend to be sharp though. I've got about 1K on them now; they are very quite and if they perform like the Falkens (street rads) the PO had on when I bought Blue I will be very pleased.

If you mean me, desert dirt/sand, rocky trails but no really big stuff in terms of rocks. Rocks here tend to be sharp though. I've got about 1K on them now; they are very quite and if they perform like the Falkens (street rads) the PO had on when I bought Blue I will be very pleased.
I meant the OP.

Though I have heard good things about the Falkens

33x12.5x15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2's.

They fit our needs, as mostly pavement with an occasional trail mixed in. Our Jeep will see no winters, as it is stored then and comes out of hibernation once the weather warms.

They are pretty quiet, smooth and a quality all terrain tire by most accounts.

I was running Cooper AT3 on my last truck. Absolutely the best I have had. Ice and snow is awesome. Nice and quiet. Wet or dry the best for on road I've tried. Trail use is good too, but for "real" off roading I would step it up a notch. New tires on the TJ soon. Will be staying with the Coopers. I know around a dozen people that use them. All are happy. Going with 265/75R16 if I keep the stock rims.

Falken wildpeak A/T3. 32's - 50K Warranty at 131.00 on sale.
I have the older Falken Wildpeak A/T01s which have a less aggressive tread pattern. They're OK but not great. On road stopping distance is not great, and off road traction is just passable.

I've been hoping Falken did a better job with the A/T3. Would you pick them over BFG KO2s?

35x12.5r15 MT/R w/ kevlar.

They haven't let me down in rocks, mud, or street yet.

Why: They had great reviews both online and on the forum. Plus I really like the look.

I am trying the Cooper SSTs this time, usually stay in the BFG/ Goodyear families. So far so good, quiet on the highway (well as quiet as can be expected), good in the rocks and sand. No idea how they might do in snow though.

I run 35" Maxxis Trepador Radials. Went with them because I heard good reviews and I liked the look. From the little off-roading I've done, they seem to be pretty good in the mud. From the 4,000 miles of street I've done with them, they are terrible. The Jeep is un-driveable in the snow and unpredictable in the rain. Much preferred my old BFG's which also seemed to be just as good off-road. Wouldn't buy the Treps again just due to on-road performance.

Reactions: luk4mud
I have the older Falken Wildpeak A/T01s which have a less aggressive tread pattern. They're OK but not great. On road stopping distance is not great, and off road traction is just passable.

I've been hoping Falken did a better job with the A/T3. Would you pick them over BFG KO2s?
I personally would esp at the price I got them for. They did get good reviews.

Reactions: fuse
Mostly rocks but some dirt trails and sometimes mud. It is a daily driver but I only commute 6 miles round-trip

Strictly offroad the Goodyear Wrangler MTRs are great, they grip really well and have done well in what little mud I have had them in. On a daily though they are the worst tire I have owned, hard to balance, hydroplane easily in the rain, and no grip in the snow or ice.

I've got a new set of 31 inch General Grabbers on mine.

Reasoning: needed some all terrain tires that are a bit more affordable. Reviews seemed comparable to KO2s.

They ride quiet and smooth, similar to my old KOs. Have only had them about 2 weeks so far.

Reactions: luk4mud
I've got a new set of 31 inch General Grabbers on mine.

Reasoning: needed some all terrain tires that are a bit more affordable. Reviews seemed comparable to KO2s.

They ride quiet and smooth, similar to my old KOs. Have only had them about 2 weeks so far.
Love the General Grabbers! Best tires I ever owned in the rocks and sand. My hesitation in buying another set is that they wear out pretty fast.

Reactions: Squirmin L Toad