What tire size should I run?

The aluminum and beads are oxidized.

If this is what you are talking about, the black around the lip, that is paint, and not factory paint.

1712106761556.png

The wheels you have are/were painted from the factory.

1712106987413.jpeg

I agree with others, clean them up or repaint them. Lots of info in various internet locations. You'll save yourself 400.00 to 450.00 and you will learn something new. Do one and see how it comes out, worse case you hate the results then consider replacing them.

Ok, if they are in that state and you don't know what you’re doing, it's probably best to sell them to someone else and move on.

That was my plan. They don’t leak air, and they are 100% saveable and have new tires. I don’t have the downtime for the Jeep to spend 2-3 days painting and clearing.

Reactions: BlueC
Opinions on JT Rubicon wheels? Those look kinda sick on a TJ. Me having a neutral color Jeep (silver), would I be able to pull them off?

Did you decide what size tire you're going to run?
Also, I think those Ravine wheels are a good-looking option and are worth saving.
IMO, your jeep would look a lot better with the oem fenders and flares since you don't need the clearance.

Last edited:
Did you decide what size tire you're going to run?
Also, I think those Ravine wheels are a good-looking option and are worth saving.
IMO, your jeep would look a lot better with the oem fenders and flares since you don't need the clearance.

The OEM fenders are rotted out and what remains from tube fenders is sitting in the yard