What to do next

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey all, so in the never ending quest of making my lifted TJ as smooth as possible I'm wondering what mods i should do next on my jeep. Ill write whats been done so far to my jeep. my thoughts are whether to do adjustable control arms to make wheelbase close to stock again and possibly SYE driveshaft. my only concern is that ive heard when you do control arms something with the rear spring perch gets screwed up.

Coils (on jeep when i bought ) asssuming 2.5-3.5"
New Shocks
New steering stabilizer
Adjustable front track bar
rear track bar relocation bracket
Sway bar bushings and links all around
ZJ tie rod, drag link
tie rods
ball joints
Regeared dana 30/35 to 4.56 (33's)
brakes all around

Let's verify the actual lift height. Measure front/rear springs from bottom of perch seat to top. Do not include any rubber spacers that might be on the top perch. Also what shocks did you get?

.... my only concern is that ive heard when you do control arms something with the rear spring perch gets screwed up.

Just an FYI for clarification. The control arms are not what screws up the spring perches. The issue is that when a spring lift is tall enough, it will require a different drive shaft which requires raising the pinion (rolling the rear axle backwards) by using adjustable control arms. Raising the pinion on taller lifts, along with other mods like a tummy tuck, will increasingly cause the rear bump stops to no longer line up properly. The fix is to relocate the upper spring seats. This "problem" and it's fix is just part of the process of building a Jeep.