What type of fluid should I use in a AX15 transmission?

3.3 quarts 75W-90 GL4, or 10W30 (NOT GL5 or GL5 compatible as incorrectly stated in some of the manuals). I highly recommend Redline MT-90.
X2. Though there is one type of 75W-90 GL-5 that is fine for use which is when the back label on the bottle says "Safe for yellow metals". That means it doesn't have the harsh sulfur-based additives used in most GL-5 gear lubes that are so harsh on the synchronizers inside a manual transmission. And like Chris I personally recommend Redline MT-90.

Reactions: Sandcrab and Chris
Also run redline MT-90 in my ax5 but the only gl-4 off the shelf I know of if you’re in a pinch is royal purple. If shipping takes 1-2 weeks like it does here in idaho the royal can be a good back up since it’s the only one commercially available that I know of that is a gl-4.

Reactions: Sandcrab
At some point I've read that Aisin came out and said you could run full synth 10W30 motor oil. I used it for a while but I tried MT90 and I won't go back.

Reactions: Sandcrab
Ok changed tranfer case fluid ATF 4 .
Checked third member it was low fill with 80W 90. Checking u joints and notice just a little play in pinion bearing. Not much enough to see. Well I'm fixing to tow it on a trip. I think it will be ok. Any thoughts on that. I could undo the drive shaft,but all that would do is save my transfer case if the rear end had a major failure.