What upgrades to make Dana 44s stronger?

thebarrabuggy

what generation Dana 44 do I want?
do I want rubicon tj 44s or the newer jk ones? to my understanding there isn't much difference...

Build plans has changed and dana 44's (Upgraded) are a being considered with serious upgrades but what should I do to them?

to my understanding dana 44s should be okay at 400hp with 31's or smaller im planning on running 35's on the beach, snow and all round Aussie 4WDing so with internal upgrades it should be alright, right?
so I already plan on new pinion gears to 4.88
a set of lockers no doubt
Nitro Rear Chromoly Axle Upgrade Kit or something like in a 33 spline or higher
an upgraded axel kit for the rear
quality disk break kit
off the top of my head that's it might be more can't remember ill have to check the build plans but is there anything im missing?
is my idea of what's going to be best for thus build shot to shit? please let me know!

I do like to have a little fun but the plan behind this engine swap is to improve the Performance of the towing, touring and a little cheeky fun on the beach.
so im just making sure the diffs will be suitable for the application

this build is still in design and preparation process so i'm open to any opinions or ideas on what going to be best.

cheers guys!

what generation Dana 44 do I want?
do I want rubicon tj 44s or the newer jk ones? to my understanding there isn't much difference...
There isnt much but there are some differences.

For the TJ owner who wants 35’s the 65” WMS is superior to the 60” TJ 44 which I would add as difference number 1.

The TJ Rubi uses only a Dana 44 pumpkin, everything from the tubes to the wheel mounting surface is Dana 30 stuff.

The next gen 44’s also use better tech in the ring gear and pinion to give it much more strength/shock load support.

Reactions: Irun
You don't need a front Dana 44 unless you want ratios beyond 5.13, the Dana 30 will be fine. I wouldn't worry about JK axles with what you described.