What you’ll need for a OME 2-2.5” lift

I'm new to suspensions, can someone elaborate or point me in the direction to learn about the shock distances and bump stops required? Like the post above, I'd assume you'd go with the RS55239 and RS55241 if adding 2" springs.

Have you cycled your suspension with those shocks?

I have the 0-2" Ranchos and when I cycled (K02 31s), the only thing I had to do was put a couple of washers on the front bump stops. I also have minor rubbing on the passenger side at full lock, but that's a result of my Alcoas (5.25" BS).
I have not cycled those - they're not installed yet - going on with new ARB2933 / 2942 coil springs. Running KO2 32s now but those will grow to 33s eventually.

I'm circling back to the bump stops - will likely add those to the kit - hadn't previously included them. I'm working with a 4x4 specialty shop and I'll see what those guys think about that addition. They mod a ton of TJ's. I'm sure they'd be happy to sell me bump stops, but the kid I've been talking as been great about B.Y.O.P and hasn't pushed a thing. Pretty laid back.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMETeeJay
I noticed that the JKS adjustable trackbars are mentioned. Would the Curries be any better?

I had planned to do a 3" lift savy/currie (I think) lift, but I just did the 2" OME springs in the rear to replace the PO spacer lift (and completely shot rear springs) and I just barely clear my garage door, so I may not be able to do my originally planned lift. Currie seemed to be the best trackbar for that lift, but will I be ok to get the Currie trackbar and will it be better than the JKS for just a 2" lift. Would it be wise to just go Currie front and back or would I be wasting some money vs the JKS or maybe just a JKS rear.

Btw, I've only done the rear at the moment and I still have the OEM trackbar and anti sway bar.

I have done a lot of driving with the rear WAY jacked up vs the front. My OEM springs were COMPLETELY SHOT. When I calculated the lift I could handle to get into my garage, I had not compensated for how much my springs had sagged. I have also been towing a lot and on a lot of backroads and the setup isn't that bad. When I'm not towing though the Jeep looks ridiculous. It felt really squirrelly the first ~60 mi, but either I got used to it, had low tire pressure or something, but it seems fine now.

I noticed that the JKS adjustable trackbars are mentioned. Would the Curries be any better?

I had planned to do a 3" lift savy/currie (I think) lift, but I just did the 2" OME springs in the rear to replace the PO spacer lift (and completely shot rear springs) and I just barely clear my garage door, so I may not be able to do my originally planned lift. Currie seemed to be the best trackbar for that lift, but will I be ok to get the Currie trackbar and will it be better than the JKS for just a 2" lift. Would it be wise to just go Currie front and back or would I be wasting some money vs the JKS or maybe just a JKS rear.

Btw, I've only done the rear at the moment and I still have the OEM trackbar and anti sway bar.

I have done a lot of driving with the rear WAY jacked up vs the front. My OEM springs were COMPLETELY SHOT. When I calculated the lift I could handle to get into my garage, I had not compensated for how much my springs had sagged. I have also been towing a lot and on a lot of backroads and the setup isn't that bad. When I'm not towing though the Jeep looks ridiculous. It felt really squirrelly the first ~60 mi, but either I got used to it, had low tire pressure or something, but it seems fine now.
You would be fine with Currie. Currie is definitely higher quality than JKS. Just depends on your uses and if you want to spend that kind of money on trackbars. Currie does a good job of designing their stuff to work in extreme builds (tummy tucks, 12” travel shocks, extreme pinion angles, etc.) if you aren’t planning on that stuff then JKS will be fine.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
You would be fine with Currie. Currie is definitely higher quality than JKS. Just depends on your uses and if you want to spend that kind of money on trackbars. Currie does a good job of designing their stuff to work in extreme builds (tummy tucks, 12” travel shocks, extreme pinion angles, etc.) if you aren’t planning on that stuff then JKS will be fine.
I don't wheel very hard, but I'd rather not buy both either. There's still a chance I'll go to 3in lift, but I'm not sure I'll go to 3in lift. I'm planning the 2in lift, already have the 1in BL and then some trimming with mce fenders.

I don't wheel very hard, but I'd rather not buy both either. There's still a chance I'll go to 3in lift, but I'm not sure I'll go to 3in lift. I'm planning the 2in lift, already have the 1in BL and then some trimming with mce fenders.
With that same lift I actually ran stock trackbars front and rear and was very happy with it. You can just get a relocation bracket for the rear

Reactions: BugoutJeep
I have a relocation bracket of some kind on another axle in my garage, but I don't know for what length. At the moment I'm not sure I can tell the difference during normal driving, since the first 60 miles. But like I said before it felt really squirrely.