What's everyone's speed at 3k RPM?

Same wheel rpm with a bigger tire is going to mean more vehicle speed.
3k engine rpm with the same gearing means same wheel rpm.
Circumference of 35" is 1.0606 times larger than the circumference of a 33".
1.0606 x 80 mph = 84.848 mph.

Edit: Might have misinterpreted the question of "how" here, but I'm gonna leave this here anyway.

No it's fine, I see what your talking about. Wasn't sure if upgrading to a 33x11 or so instead of a 33x12.5 would make much a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tire width does not change the tire diameter. :)

In terms of 11" vs 12.5" and performance, the only thing I can think of would be weight. Though I'm not sure if the extra 1.5 inches of width would make a noticeable performance difference. I would imagine you wouldn't be able to notice.

Reactions: Nicholas
In terms of 11" vs 12.5" and performance, the only thing I can think of would be weight. Though I'm not sure if the extra 1.5 inches of width would make a noticeable performance difference. I would imagine you wouldn't be able to notice.
There would be some increase in rolling resistance, as well.

Question. How many of you have replaced your Speedo gear or recalibrated your speedo? lol it’s interesting that the results seem to be all over the place. Ranging between 50-80 mph. I understand tire size and gear ratio is a factor but I’m curious how accurate these answers really are. A lot of people over look or don’t realize how simple it is to change out the speedo gear.

Reactions: Nicholas
Maybe my tach is off. It reads 1800 rpms @ 60 mph in 5th. My speedometer is dead on with GPS.
GJ says 1800rpm is 63mph. Also with the larger tire. You're sure that you have 31s? :)

about 74 MPH @ 3000 RPM in 4th gear (I didn't feel like trying to do 3000rpm in 6th gear; don't like cleaning up poop, especially mine)
05 Wrangler X, 4.0 I6, NSG370 6-speed, 3.07 gearing, 33" tires, 26 tooth speedo gear replacement

Last edited: