What's the longest you've ever had a package sit in customs?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I ordered a guitar from Sweden on January 11th. It arrived in New York customs and has been sitting there since January 14th (according to my USPS tracking) and has yet to move.

I know sometimes things can get caught up in customs, but even during these times the longest I've ever had something sit in customs for a week.

Just thought I'd ask you guys what the longest you've ever had to wait is?

According to USPS customs has 45 business days to process your package.

Reactions: Chris
According to USPS customs has 45 business days to process your package.

Damn, I guess the good news is I'm almost there.

I hate USPS so much. Whenever I ordered international and it comes via DHL it gets here in a matter of days. USPS on the other hand takes forever.

It's almost as if DHL has some sort of agreement with customs to speed things through, whereas USPS does not.

Once again USPS is proving to be terrible to deal with :LOL:

My wife sends a box home to the Philippines about once or twice a year. 45days seems legit. Lol. It takes 2-3 months for her. Of course it only cost 100$ to ship a box crammed about 4’x4’ 😮

Tell me about it. These guys are just terrible in so many ways. I rarely ever have a good experience with them.
I used to have a flawless experience with them, then trump decided to gut their funding. Now they are just like every other government agency.

I used to have a flawless experience with them, then trump decided to gut their funding. Now they are just like every other government agency.

They were shitty long before Trump. Well, that's been my experience at least. I guess some people have had better experiences than I have.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
They were shitty long before Trump. Well, that's been my experience at least. I guess some people have had better experiences than I have.

I used them almost exclusively and was usually mailing fragile items: glass art and screen print posters. They were excellent. Now I pretty much refuse to use them unless it’s the only option.

Reactions: Chris
I used them almost exclusively and was usually mailing fragile items: glass art and screen print posters. They were excellent. Now I pretty much refuse to use them unless it’s the only option.
FedEx surprisingly is the one I’ve had the best luck with along with DHL.

Well here’s to hoping they don’t lose an expensive guitar 🤦🏻
I'd be more worried about how often they move it from one bin to another.
200.gif