What's this short electrical connector?

bluejeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
2006 lj rubicon. Found this while swapping in a new battery. it was in the cavity underneath the battery tray, just laying there, not connected at either end. Anyone recognize it?
wire 1.jpg
wire 2.jpg

Thanks, maybe from the previous owners install of mega stereo system or alarm (which included elec door locks)

Interesting find....
Given the rust and dirt on the inside terminal, the verdigris on the eyelet and the dirt on the outside surface; that connector was lost under the battery tray quite a while ago.
I am sure quite a few members have found abandoned items inside and out while working on their Jeeps.

You have electric door locks :eek:
Well, Yes and no, the PO didn't leave the control unit for the alarm with the dealer I got it from, so one day while I was fixing something else in the doors I yanked that stuff out. Still have some security box wired up under the dash,says Viper on it I think. Concerned if I remove it the jeep might not run

I am sure quite a few members have found abandoned items inside and out while working on their Jeeps.
We've had our TJ since new, but even still you'd be amazed at how many pens and paper clips made their way between the windshield and the dash...