What's your next mod / upgrade / repair for your TJ?

I have all the parts around for a Front DS rebuilt and I'm planning on getting my new wheels painted. Since my Jeep is now my daily (sold my Truck last night) I have to get a higher priority on those wheels, or pay to have the chrome ones balanced!

Reactions: JMT
Just changed my distributor and welded my exhaust hanger. Next up was going to be Battery terminals, valve cover gasket, wire front bumper lights, washer pump, and rear bumper. But i said hell with that and went for a drive to get breakfast.
15377244621694702623499645438270.jpg

Reactions: RussTJ and JMT
Just changed my distributor and welded my exhaust hanger. Next up was going to be Battery terminals, valve cover gasket, wire front bumper lights, washer pump, and rear bumper. But i said hell with that and went for a drive to get breakfast.
View attachment 56474
I like your logic, screw the work and drive the Jeep.:)
However getting food is an excellent reason to drive your Jeep, imho.
The reason I typically use for driving my Jeep is, 'I feel like driving my Jeep'. :)

Reactions: Jack72 and JMT
So next up on my list changed. My wife gave me the approval to get new control arms.
I have been looking at the core 4x4 teir 2 adjustable arms. Not a bad price just under 800 and they come with Actual CURRIE FLEX JOINTS with rubber oem type bushings on the other. . Still made in the good old USA.

https://www.xf_vendor_spam_manageme...-LJ-1997-2006-Complete-Adj-Control-Arm-Set-T2

I think its a good compromise for cost. I have only seen one post on the forums from someone that used them he has not been on in 35 weeks. But other offroad sites seen to have good things to say about them. None of them said they were the best. Let not get into that.

@mrblaine explained either do both or not at all, iirc. Surprisingly he had no issue with their T1 arms and felt the clevite rubber bushings would flex just fine. That thread is around here if you feel like digging.

Reactions: Boinked
@mrblaine explained either do both or not at all, iirc. Surprisingly he had no issue with their T1 arms and felt the clevite rubber bushings would flex just fine. That thread is around here if you feel like digging.
Interesting. I will dig that up.

Edit i found the direct QUOTE you had mentioned

I suspect the "it's a bad idea" commentary comes from the folks who incorrectly believe that putting a JJ on one end and a Clevite on the other with the misguided notion that one is for ride quality and the other is for misalignment is how that comes about. There is simply no reason to do that other than cost at which point you should forego the JJ and just use Clevites on both ends.

@Rob5589 thank you for that. Gives new things to think about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob5589
Interesting. I will dig that up.

Edit i found the direct QUOTE you had mentioned

@Rob5589 thank you for that. Gives new things to think about.

Is the consensus that the Core Tier 2/Tier 3 with a JJ on one end and bushing on the other is a questionable choice? I was told by core that T2 are recommended when preference is ride quality. I thought I might also had read another post that mentioned JJ on one end might actually be recommended in some instances.

I'm fixing to chase a tick that sounds like a small manifold exhaust leak . Parts in hand.

If it goes like most of my Jeep work lately , I 'll have it on blocks before it's over!

I need to finish my rock lights. The front half has been done for about a year. The remaining 20 LEDs are attached, but not wired.

The passenger seat heat switch only works on low. I have the replacement, but don't really want to open up the center dash.

The rear locker needs to get replaced. I have a working Rubicon rear sitting in a box, a master install kit on the way and need to order a new R&P

The hood prop clip fell off. I need to put that back on.

The passenger side mirror has a big rust hole. I found my spare a few days ago and just have to move the round convex mirror to the new one.

The in cab winch control is acting up.

I should change the transmission and transfer case fluids.

I haven't fixed the smashed tail pipe from spring 2016.

A winter morning in the Northeast and I’m waiting for the snow to stop so I can start clearing the driveway. Been thinking about future plans for the ’97 and looked up this thread to restart it. I’ve been using this forum specific google search after reading about it here and it works great. Sorry I can’t give credit to whoever mentioned it.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=Sp...ertjforum.com:+&oq=search+wranglertjforum.com

• Eastwoods internal frame coating. I’ve been wire brushing and painting POR15 on the external frame and will continue with that but want to take care of the internal this spring.
  • New transfer case shifter handle arrived this week and I need to pick up some shifter knobs. Going for that classic CJ look.
  • Tailgate hinges. I’m going to repair the factory hinges using this method.
  • Battery cables. https://www.custombatterycables.com/jeep-wrangler/
  • Bed Rug carpeting
  • I’m also watching Craigslist for a clean, rust free red drivers side fender. Mine is starting to show the signs of 22 years of rust belt living.
  • Pine Tree Painting will be opening again this spring and I'm going to freshen up some hardware. Specifically, the lock cover on the inside of the tailgate.

Next for me is a sunroof I'm going big 22x38 And also a little scared to cut that big of a hole in a perfectly good hard top😅 I run 4.88 gears with 42RLE tranny and 33" tires, my rpm's are 2400 to 2600 at 70 mph

Reactions: RussTJ
Fix the 2 body mounts under doors on both sides and do a mml

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My next mod on my list will be a 3.5” front stretch and then a full cage. But it’s currently torn apart already and I am installing The following parts over the last two weeks and however long it takes me to get done.
PRP Enduro Elite seats, Atlas 4 speed transfer case, PSC hydro assist steering kit, Rokmen tailgate, double din stereo and front and rear cameras, fabbed up a custom rear bumper, and working on a custom tire carrier similar to the TNT customs. Gotta hurry as the snow will start melting in the next month or so.

More maintenance items in prep for a 3/23 wheeling trip. Put all new brake lines and YJ hoses yesterday. Have a couple leaks to deal with before bleeding them today. Also, need to drain/fill my AX-5 trany fluid. Hopefully I can get all that done in the next couple of days. I’m also waiting on an engine skid, steering skid and Spartan lunchbox locker for my front Dana 30. It’s a tall order before the trip, but I’m motivated [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replace rusty gas tank skid and while it is out I will finally put my adjustable track bar in. Update the worn out steering and then start all the cosmetic stuff I need to replace....

1. I need to finish my u-joints (was waiting for a garage, now I’m waiting until I get all my junk out of it from a move)
  2. bought @strumble8 ’s dirtworx rear bumper, so very minor touch ups and install
  3. Probably going to replace the front hub assemblies with timken
  4. Fluid changes (tranny, oil, etc).