Wheel Locks? Think Twice!

I've from New Jersey - we knew how to bypass wheel locks back in the '70's; of course NOW all any jamoke has to do is watch a youtube video and he's a wheel thief, LOL. Same trick now as we knew back then - take a 15/16" socket (we used to use an impact socket) and hammer the shite out of it onto the "locked" lug, then back it off with your handy-dandy ratchet wrench...

Having said that, I STILL run 'em - I figger that it keeps the "casual thief" from ruining your day. High line pros can steal ANYthing, ANYtime, ANYwhere - one of the guys I grew up with since 3rd grade became a Master Thief who made an excellent living for ~25 years before he got caught. All you're looking to do is to slow somebody down by a minute or two, and/or make him move on to the next (easier) target. Thieves in general are LAZY any more - very few of them take pride in their skillset like they USED to in the old days, LOL. Most of 'em NOW are Snatch N' Grab druggies, not like the "Artisans" of Ye' Olde Days, LOL...

Reactions: 06lj and Kiwi TJ
... Thieves in general are LAZY any more - very few of them take pride in their skillset like they USED to in the old days, LOL. Most of 'em NOW are Snatch N' Grab druggies, not like the "Artisans" of Ye' Olde Days, LOL...

Ah, the good old days when men were men and thieves took pride in their work. My grandfather (RIP) yearned for the days when a respectable thief made you feel good about not having your stuff anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGanzman