Wheel spacers for a wider look

jmbstudios

Guitar Slinger
Supporting Member
Was thinking about a wider stance look on my TJ without buying new wheels and or tires.

Not looking for an obnoxious wide stance. Maybe an inch or inch and a half?
But don't want it to look goofy with my current set up. In the future I can explore new wheels and tires. Mine are pretty new.

Thoughts, pics of yours, etc is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic of my current set up.

20210517_123125.jpg

20210517_123132.jpg

Reactions: D M
IMO your TJ looks fine with the current lift/wheel combo
X2. Not to mention increasing the track width with a spacer or wheel with less backpacing increases the scrub radius of the tires when you turn left or right. Zero scrub radius means the tires pivot left/right around the center of the tire tread when you are turning left or right. The further out the wheels are positioned, the further away from that pivot point the wheel and tread is. That means the tire is swung through an arc when you're turning left or right instead of it simply pivoting around its tread's center point.

My opinion is to just hold out for some wheels that have 4” backspace. That will widen the stance and save money from buying the wheels spacers

Reactions: 707kevin
Lots of jeepers run spacers without issues. However, not usually advised just for looks.

Plus you'll have to wash it more often.

If you want it to look better, try pulling the milk jugs off.

Get a wheel of 3.75 BS. Sticks out a little bit not ignorantly so.

I'm completely opposed to wheel spacers. I have a shop and it's utterly amazing the shit we see with spacers. Not torqued properly..broken studs...etc.

In all reality why have a middle man when you dont have to...by running a properly Back spaced wheel.
Just sayin...

X2. Not to mention increasing the track width with a spacer or wheel with less backpacing increases the scrub radius of the tires when you turn left or right. Zero scrub radius means the tires pivot left/right around the center of the tire tread when you are turning left or right. The further out the wheels are positioned, the further away from that pivot point the wheel and tread is. That means the tire is swung through an arc when you're turning left or right instead of it simply pivoting around its tread's center point.

I didn't take in to account the pivot point. That right there will make me wait until I need new tires.

Thanks for the heads up.

@LONGJP2 I'll take the jugs off and see how that looks.

So for now nothing will change.

Thanks!