Wheel spacers

Jay P

TJ Enthusiast
I can get some factory Ravines for $100 today and they are super clean. My question is about running them on 33s. Are wheel spacers a bad idea?
I’ll run 10.50s to avoid them if it is. If not I have access to 12.50s on the cheap. What’s your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going to run 10.5s, you won't need wheels spacers. If you're going to run 12.5s, I would put on a 1" wheel spacer.

No, not at all. I run them, and a lot of people do.

Well .. the Ravines are in the trunk and the 33x12.50s are on order. Problem solved. My black on black issue is resolved!
Thanks for your input. I was thinking of canceling my 12.50s for a minute.

Reactions: Chris
Well .. the Ravines are in the trunk and the 33x12.50s are on order. Problem solved. My black on black issue is resolved!
Thanks for your input. I was thinking of canceling my 12.50s for a minute.

Nope, no need to do that. A 1" wheel spacer will be all you need!

.... Also is one spacer better than the other?

Spidertrax are the favorite wheel adaptor. I've been running Synergy for the last two years with at least 15k miles on them.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Spidertrax are the favorite wheel adaptor. I've been running Synergy for the last two years with at least 15k miles on them.

So I assume the Synergy are decent? It’s inexpensive compared so I wasn’t sure but it’s just a wheel spacer right? I wheel pretty frequent.

So I assume the Synergy are decent? It’s inexpensive compared so I wasn’t sure but it’s just a wheel spacer right? I wheel pretty frequent.

I've been daily driving the Synergies that whole time. The wheels haven't ever fallen off, so I have been satisfied so far. ;)

1”? I was thinking 1.5” since it’s 5.5” backspacing on the Ravines. Also is one spacer better than the other?

As long as the wheel spacers are CNC machined and not cast, then it won't matter what brand they are.

Just follow the instructions when you mount them up and periodically check them, and no issue at all. Been running 1.25 Spidertrax with my Moab’s for about a year now.

Reactions: Schwifty Rich
Just follow the instructions when you mount them up and periodically check them, and no issue at all. Been running 1.25 Spidertrax with my Moab’s for about a year now.

Ya I’ll rotate and torque every 3000 and probably before and after any adventures. Good to know they’re more common then I thought. Thanks

I used blue loctite when I put mine on. Some people don't use it, but I feel better knowing it's there.

I have the 1.5” Spidertrax spacers. A bit more expensive, but for such a key piece, I didn’t want to skimp.

I wanted to keep my “Gambler” rims so I had to space them to clear my 33x10.5 tires which rubbed a bit at full lock. Plus, I like the look of the wider stance.

I used blue Loctite as well. Haven’t driven it too far (<1000 miles) but so far so good.

Having said all that, I’m thinking 1.25” for 33x12.50. Do you guys think it’s enough? How close are yours with 1.50” at full stuff, or do you know? I will definitely need to make sure I can do that.