Wheel spacers

mbb123

anyone use 2 wheel spacers on each wheel? i cant find any wheel adapters from 5x4.5 to 5x5 larger than 1.5"; looking to get 3" total. already have 1.25" adapters and thinking of adding another spacer of 1.5"; any thoughts of running 2 separate spacers per wheel?

anyone use 2 wheel spacers on each wheel? i cant find any wheel adapters from 5x4.5 to 5x5 larger than 1.5"; looking to get 3" total. already have 1.25" adapters and thinking of adding another spacer of 1.5"; any thoughts of running 2 separate spacers per wheel?
Why do you want more than 1.25” spacer?

Maybe consider a new set of rims with less back space.

I would not consider safe running so big spacers.

Reactions: Rowan River
I have no first hand experience but that sounds extremely dangerous to me. The widest spacer I’ve ever seen suggested is 1.5” and that’s only if they are absolutely needed. I’d be looking for different backspaced wheels if it were mine...

Why would you need 3" wheel adapters? 2" wheel adapters are the widest I've seen for a TJ.

Last edited:
Don't do it, that would be Stupid...I run 1.25" spacers on mine account jk bolt pattern wheels. I haven't found any wheels with the tj bolt pattern I like or are not black.

For my 2004 Rubicon with 12.5 inch wide tires I made the mistake of getting 1 inch wheel spacers only to find out that the front studs were too long to fit. But the same spaces on the rear fit just fine. Huh? I got curious so I measured the front and rear wheelbase widths only to discover the rear was about a half inch wider and the wheel studs stuck out one quarter inch less.

Questions:
  1. How is it that my unmodified factory wheelbase width differs from front to rear? The factory specs say both front and back have a 58.5 inch track.
  2. If I only put 1.25 inch spacers on the front the front wheelbase would be two inches wider than the back and each front wheel would stick out an inch further than the back. Is that okay or just a wild-assed thought?
  3. I have seen Jeeps on the road where the front wheels are NOTICEABLY wider than the back wheels. Is that okay? How does that affect driveability? Safety?
AtDhVaAnNkCsE
Thanks in Advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
For my 2004 Rubicon with 12.5 inch wide tires I made the mistake of getting 1 inch wheel spacers only to find out that the front studs were too long to fit. But the same spaces on the rear fit just fine. Huh? I got curious so I measured the front and rear wheelbase widths only to discover the rear was about a half inch wider and the wheel studs stuck out one quarter inch less.

Questions:
  1. How is it that my unmodified factory wheelbase width differs from front to rear? The factory specs say both front and back have a 58.5 inch track.
  2. If I only put 1.25 inch spacers on the front the front wheelbase would be two inches wider than the back and each front wheel would stick out an inch further than the back. Is that okay or just a wild-assed thought?
  3. I have seen Jeeps on the road where the front wheels are NOTICEABLY wider than the back wheels. Is that okay? How does that affect driveability? Safety?
AtDhVaAnNkCsE
Thanks in Advance.

Wow, interesting. I hope this gets answered. May be best to start your own new thread for it though.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Questions:

1. If I only put 1.25 inch spacers on the front the front wheelbase would be two inches wider than the back and each front wheel would stick out an inch further than the back. Is that okay or just a wild-assed thought?
AtDhVaAnNkCsE
Thanks in Advance.
If you're fine with using the 1" spacers in the rear (with the shorter studs), then why not just cut the front studs shorter to match?
Problem solved.