Wheeling in Sedona

Mach4x4

Hello all y'all,

I travel for a living (I'm a pilot) and I have a nice trip coming up to Sedona, AZ, where I'll be for 4 days. There's an operation there that rents Jeeps called Red Rock Rubicon Jeep Rentals, and they appear to have an extremely attractive rental package in which I can borrow a JL Rubi for a day and hit the trails.

I own a TJ (not surprisingly) which has been on a long rebuild project and currently sits on 38s with lots of suspension work, lockers, etc. I wheel it pretty hard about 6-7 times per year on weekend trips.

Wondering if there are any recommendations for some truly great trails. I expect them to ask me to pick from one of the pre-planned trails they have selected. It's not a guided trip, I can keep the Jeep for the whole day, so maybe I'll go somewhere else... <coughs>

Recommendations? I have from 8am to 6pm, picking up the Jeep in Sedona downtown area.

I should add, I'm trying to avoid ultra-tame trails which aren't challenging. I rented in Estes Park once and the trails were fun with some water crossings but the obstacles were extremely mild. (Then again, those Jeeps didn't have lockers.)

You won't find anything in Sedona that is terribly challenging, broken arrow tail is our hardest. What Sedona does have to offer is some if the most scenic trails in the country. When your rent a Jeep I have a trail book I've put together with all of the trails listed in order of difficultly and the same trails are programmed into the gps. I'll spend some time pointing you in the right direction too. Give me a call and I'll get you all set up

Reactions: Plumber1
You won't find anything in Sedona that is terribly challenging, broken arrow tail is our hardest. What Sedona does have to offer is some if the most scenic trails in the country. When your rent a Jeep I have a trail book I've put together with all of the trails listed in order of difficultly and the same trails are programmed into the gps. I'll spend some time pointing you in the right direction too. Give me a call and I'll get you all set up
You are correct I towed my TJ from northern CA a couple months ago and the trails are mild. If I were to do it again I would rent a Jeep instead of towing that far. But as stated the views are fantastic. We are rain so it mad the trails a bit more fun, met up with a couple guys from the forum here and has a great day

Others covered the tails at Sedona and check out Flagstaff for a few trails as well. Maybe you've be there but Jerome is a cool little throwback artsy town and they have a great mining museum.