When eBay and the USPS conspire against you and the seller is clueless.

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
The TJ-6 had a perfect idle at first fire up. As soon as it got up to temp, it developed a misfire. No CEL, all ignition bits are good and almost new. I figure it is related to me screwing up the fuel line I extended, blah blah blah so decided to grab a set of injectors. Buy the first tolerably priced set of Bosch I find, noting location which is here in SoCal less than 100 miles away which usually gets stuff here in 2 days or so. Not in a terrible hurry but this is silly.

I ordered Jan 1. Sorta don't pay that much attention, then it dawns on me they aren't here. I go check the tracking.

1641912455946.png

1641912547694.png

Alright, now I'm confused so I send the seller a message.

1641912799222.png

The hieroglyphics were not there when I sent the original message but the reply explains and now I know this is going to be a fruitless endeavor.

1641912908924.png

1641912969608.png

Yep, we're in trouble since there has been no bad weather between La Puente and here in the last 10 days that would delay anything but it is clear that they do not have a clue how shipping is supposed to work.

1641913216758.png

All I need now is red to show up and tell me how this is all my fault since I picked the wrong contractor to shuffle my parcels around.

USPS is very funny in how they distribute the packages. Even though it might have been next door to you they still shuffle everything through their distribution center first. I have had mailings go to NJ then back to Long island. I also don't understand in your tracking how there seems to be multiple departures from the City of Industry center for one box? Did they send each injector in it's own box?

Reactions: Chris
USPS is very funny in how they distribute the packages. Even though it might have been next door to you they still shuffle everything through their distribution center first. I have had mailings go to NJ then back to Long island. I also don't understand in your tracking how there seems to be multiple departures from the City of Industry center for one box? Did they send each injector in it's own box?
I order things from eBay fairly often and pick the SoCal sellers because typically even though they say it is 7-10 days, I always get them in 2-3. I have no clue what is going on with this one and based on the messages so far, I don't think I'm ever going to.

I've had the same thing happen. one time had a part ship from Atlanta (which I'm 100 miles north of) go to Kentucky then to Dallas,TX and then come back to Atlanta and north to me ! WTF ? not the shippers fault he shipped it !

That is odd, probably got on the wrong truck by accident or something. There's like 30% that you actually end up receiving them I'm guessing they're gone into the ether.

Two year ago a package was mailed to me from a neighboring town using the US Postal Service. As the crow flies the sender was roughly 5 miles away. Tracking showed that the package made to my local post office in two days and instead of being delivered to my house it went on a two week journey. It bounced around through fourteen USPS locations, including four stops at my own local post office, before finally being delivered. When it finally arrived I looked to see if the sender had bungled the address or something to cause such confusion. Nope, everything was perfect.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rasband
The TJ-6 had a perfect idle at first fire up. As soon as it got up to temp, it developed a misfire. No CEL, all ignition bits are good and almost new. I figure it is related to me screwing up the fuel line I extended, blah blah blah so decided to grab a set of injectors. Buy the first tolerably priced set of Bosch I find, noting location which is here in SoCal less than 100 miles away which usually gets stuff here in 2 days or so. Not in a terrible hurry but this is silly.

I ordered Jan 1. Sorta don't pay that much attention, then it dawns on me they aren't here. I go check the tracking.

View attachment 301910
View attachment 301911

Alright, now I'm confused so I send the seller a message.

View attachment 301912
The hieroglyphics were not there when I sent the original message but the reply explains and now I know this is going to be a fruitless endeavor.

View attachment 301913

View attachment 301914

Yep, we're in trouble since there has been no bad weather between La Puente and here in the last 10 days that would delay anything but it is clear that they do not have a clue how shipping is supposed to work.

View attachment 301915

All I need now is red to show up and tell me how this is all my fault since I picked the wrong contractor to shuffle my parcels around.
Did you accept the $3? 🤣

Probably just got tossed on the wrong truck once, a bunch of times. Hope it works out.

I had a package orbiting Kansas City for a week once. The tracking was two pages long. All of it was "Departed KC" " Arrived KC" "Departed KC" "Arrived KC". Got it in the end but it was comical. Seemed like they had the belt from shipping running into the receiving department that week.

I've had USPS do that a couple of times to me. Strangely, I'm pretty sure both times happened during January.

Shipping guy where I used to work told the story of a package that was supposed to go from California to somewhere on the east coast. It ended up in England. Not once, not twice, but THREE times!

I had a camera lens disappear on its way to Florida from N.C. last year. Just vanished off the map after it had gotten to the USPS hub in Orlando. EIGHT WEEKS LATER, it suddenly surfaced in KnoxVille, Tn. It then beat feet it down here and arrived in good shape, but Goddess only knows the why or how of it all!

I have this type of thing happen a lot with all the shippers lately. I had a head gasket from amazon take two months and it was bent when it showed up.

UPS and USPS have invented a new scam, called Surepost. UPS sends it from wherever to your local USPS post office. The regular letter carrier delivers it to the consumer.
I ordered some pipe tobacco from SC in November. I have been using this vendor for 15 years with no problems. For some reason, they elected to use Surepost instead of just sending it UPS. Six days after I ordered it, I got an email from USPS telling my package had been delivered. It was on a Sunday, so I got a bad feeling. I went to the mailbox and there was a package, but it was addressed to my neighbor, about 1/2 mile away. I just left it there until Monday when I showed it to my regular letter carrier. He asked who delivered it and I said USPS. No sign of my tobacco.
Here it is, mid-January and still no tobacco. USPS says they scanned the package at my address. I reply that I don't care where they scanned it, I want to know where they delivered it. They just look at me like I'm speaking Klingon.
I called UPS and they said that even though they accept the package for shipping, the onus is on USPS to actually deliver it. Yay!! the finger pointing game.
I called the vendor and asked if they insured the package and they said yes, but that UPS and USPS are both claiming the other lost it, although the USPS is secretly doubtful that the package was ever lost.
I took my letter carrier to the post office and had him explain how he found the package in my mailbox that was addressed to my neighbor. For some reason, the USPS can't find the person who actually delivered packages on that Sunday.
I think I was unfortunate to find a letter carrier, probably sub-contractor, for USPS who is also a pipe smoker and got himself some free pipe tobacco. I'm just glad it wasn't some critical Jeep part.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
the USPS has become pretty problematic. the last 2 orders from Summit (24mi away), 1 went to bridgeport, conn. or some crap. and the other went to jersey.

A few years ago I was doing a rather large mailing for the local power company (1.1 million pieces) The customer fedexed overnight over half a million dollars in checks to cover the job and postage.....they showed up 4 months later!