When to disconnect?

What about this idea to avoid a hammer or pry bar. If the JKS are adjustable...why not just temporarily adjust them up or down enough to connect? They look like a easy twist to adjust. The swaybar has some play to move and this would be just temporary until you can either get back home or somewhere where its perfectly flat. I guess the trick would getting them even on both sides so maybe not such a good idea...I dont know since I dont have them yet. Given it sounds like the antirock is better/easier but I'm not ready to go down that road yet.

What about this idea to avoid a hammer or pry bar. If the JKS are adjustable...why not just temporarily adjust them up or down enough to connect? They look like a easy twist to adjust. The swaybar has some play to move and this would be just temporary until you can either get back home or somewhere where its perfectly flat. I guess the trick would getting them even on both sides so maybe not such a good idea...I dont know since I dont have them yet. Given it sounds like the antirock is better/easier but I'm not ready to go down that road yet.
Don’t make it harder on yourself. Install them on flat level ground and when you need to reconnect them also do it in flat level ground.

Reactions: SoCalTJ
Disconnected whenever I aired down.
Yessir, that's when I disconnect as well, even for forest service roads and the like. Jeep rides so much better aired down and disconnected and doesn't beat either of you up.

FWIW, I don't have QD's as I just put new Moogs in, but in my tool kit is a M12 ratchet with the torx on it and my 18mm wrench. We have a proper deflator and I can have the bar disconnected and the links tucked on top of the control arms before my wife can get the tires aired down. And also the same when airing up. Don't want to assume everybody's outings are the same, but if you're out wheeling, it is the journey that is to be enjoyed, not just the destination. So with that said, if it's worth driving there and wheeling it, it's worth taking the few minutes to make the ride more enjoyable. Hell, we waste more time drinking beer at the end than we ever do making preps :)