Where and why did the LCOG with no up-travel fad get started?

Ground clearance is good for wheeling, but sometimes sucks for DD use. I bought a lifted F150 on 35's a few years ago, 6" lift. I thought it looked cool. Though it was a work truck. Loading stuff into the bed was more of a pain. Had to climb up and climb back down. Bad turning radius, etc. After driving it for a few years, I decided that a lifted DD is an inconvenience.

So now I do look at the Raptors and admire how they can fit 35's (flares) and are pretty low.

My DD TJ that is stock height: I'd love to put 33's on it and flat flares. That would be a giant waste of money though because then it would need gears and will probably never go off road.

F150.jpg

Ground clearance is good for wheeling, but sometimes sucks for DD use. I bought a lifted F150 on 35's a few years ago, 6" lift. I thought it looked cool. Though it was a work truck. Loading stuff into the bed was more of a pain. Had to climb up and climb back down. Bad turning radius, etc. After driving it for a few years, I decided that a lifted DD is an inconvenience.

So now I do look at the Raptors and admire how they can fit 35's (flares) and are pretty low.

My DD TJ that is stock height: I'd love to put 33's on it and flat flares. That would be a giant waste of money though because then it would need gears and will probably never go off road.

View attachment 397154

It’s not a waste if you enjoy it…